New version of Concurrency Project

Fanfiction, fan art, AMVs, and any other fan creations or Eva-related projects: share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

TBsq
Embryo

New version of Concurrency Project

•      
  •      

Postby TBsq » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi, I've made a new version of the concurrency projet, I wasn't quite satisfied with the editing.

And it's in 1080p : "13BwtxYbDoFXpOlnyIYEKYLbjKyeU-FoM" (It's the name of the folder on Google Drive)

I could tell you the changes I've made if you insist, but there wouldn't be any suprise.

Feedback is appreciated!
Last edited by TBsq on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambiant23
Lilith

Re: New version of Concurrency Project

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Sorry I am out of the loop, what is the concurrency project

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:02 am

Concurrency is the belief that the EoE and TV endings both happen at the same time. Some proponents of this interpretation have made re-edits to interleave the two.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 am

The idea is to edit together episodes 25, 25', 26 and 26' (i.e. the TV ending, eps 25 & 26 and the End of Evangelion film, eps 25' & 26', which cover the same time period), combining them into a single coherent sequence and removing duplication to end up with a film typically well over two hours long. This is to demonstrate that the two endings are different presentations of the same events and conclusion. The Japanese laserdisc release of the series had already presented eps 25, 25', 26 and 26' interleaved in that order. However, a few people dispute that the endings are the same (e.g. Mr Tines, above).

There have been several concurrency projects (I have copies of five previous ones, not counting the earlier version of the OP's - this makes six), of which the best known is one created some years ago based on a script by SailorStarDust of this forum. This edit is a recent one by the OP, and is the first made using the bluray video.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "Suki da, Yano" - Bokura ga ita ep.21 (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TBsq
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TBsq » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:38 am

Ok, I really don't know why my link is always removed but not the others'. What can I do?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:56 am

Because it's a link to copyright material, which is against the rules here. If you make a torrent, you could give a hint as to what Google search would find it (that happens in the older thread I linked above).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TBsq
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TBsq » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:07 am

In the other thread the links are still there, so I do'nt understand.

"13BwtxYbDoFXpOlnyIYEKYLbjKyeU-FoM" is the name of the folder on Google Drive, it's not a link so I'm gonna see what happens.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:21 am

It's not a difference in policy; it's just that as there are few active mods, and the forum is quiet at present so they aren't very active either, well, sometimes they miss things.

Also, it's a tricky judgement in some ways, given that this forum is specifically dedicated to discussing a show the main version of which which has not been legally available in English translation for very many years...

Return to “Fandom Area”