What are the "Adams"?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: What are the "Adams"?

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:25 pm

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:Hm. I don't know, I just always thought that the four Adams we see in Misato's flashback are only few members of a whole species, so that more Adam visitors may appear later and make the decision about the mankind's fate basing on what happened to their fellows and how they were treated. But this is only my wild guess.

So you're thinking it was like aliens visiting to see if we were ready and then attacking the planet because they found us to be a violent species?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:10 am

Kinda, but I wouldn't call us "violent species". Barbaric according to the Adams' standards, yes. Perhaps they have strict rules of conduct, when and how to wage war to save the Universe from being pulverized with their means of destruction? And the mankind simply hasn't learned yet that the fire burns, so to say, because we still have to learn what "the fire" is.

So this is what the Adams are doing: they're granting us limited access to their weaponry and wait 'till we learn the lesson, the only possible way. Sure, we can kill ourselves in the process, but if we don't, then maybe we'll be able to complete the rite of initiation and join the whatever community the Adams participate.
JUSTICE & MERCY

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:26 am

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:Kinda, but I wouldn't call us "violent species". Barbaric according to the Adams' standards, yes. Perhaps they have strict rules of conduct, when and how to wage war to save the Universe from being pulverized with their means of destruction? And the mankind simply hasn't learned yet that the fire burns, so to say, because we still have to learn what "the fire" is.

So this is what the Adams are doing: they're granting us limited access to their weaponry and wait 'till we learn the lesson, the only possible way. Sure, we can kill ourselves in the process, but if we don't, then maybe we'll be able to complete the rite of initiation and join the whatever community the Adams participate.

And that means FINAL will be for Rebuild the same as DOOM Eternal for DOOM 2016 as much as EoE for NGE like Hell on Earth for the first DOOM.

It was clear from the beginning that Adam and Lilith with Angels and Lilim as their offsprings weren't the only ones of their kind in the whole Universe.

Lilim 'll always be mortally challenged for turning earth into the melting pot of the Universe and only a handful of suffering adolescent warriors stand between heaven and earth.

They Rip and Tear until it is done.

Isn't that obvious ?!  SPOILER: Show

=

I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:40 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:I'm thinking Adams are either iterations of kaworu ascended or melded with something, repeats of ascended units one or 13, or Liliths being confused for Adams.

If i remember well (fix my message if wrong , thanks)

Lilith -> Lilins, Lilins = humans, plants, animals, insects etc.

Adam -> Angels, Angels = Angels evas and lilins are fighting.

Lilith and Adam came both not in the same vessel but using two separated devices

Adam came first and Lilith came second

After the rest is history.

Technically Adams have no relation-ship with humans. Only with evas i'd say.

My 50 cents

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm

You are using lore about the arrival of Adam (singular) and Lilith which is proper to NGE but has not been established for Rebuild (which has multiple Adams).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 pm

^ Well with any luck those questions will at least be partially answered in Final.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:13 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:You are using lore about the arrival of Adam (singular) and Lilith which is proper to NGE but has not been established for Rebuild (which has multiple Adams).

Yes, mybad, i hope to get full answers about those in Final films; and the fact that we get 4 adams is kind of proof rebuild might not be the sequel some theorized years ago.
Now we get 4 Adams but still One Lilith even tough she seems different a bit from the NGE lilith

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”