Recent Hauls 3: The quest for more stuff

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

Re: Recent Hauls 3: The quest for more stuff

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:45 pm

I got a bunch of nice stuff for Christmas, including a plush Facehugger, a robot waifu and a whole bunch of edibles.

However, that's not what I'm here to tell you about. Because on this fine day, in my local comic shop I picked up the entire Evangelion series (I think) for the fairly reasonable sum of £45, which didn't seem too bad considering I've seen the DVD set sold for £500 on the secondary market before. It wasn't the Platinum collection or Blu-Ray set or anything (it was the old ADV individual volumes) but considering I got all 8 volumes + the DCs of 24-26 for £5 a box, I think I did pretty well. I've got the Blu-Ray rips (with awful, awful subtitles) on my PC anyway, but there's something so very satisfying about having the physical release. I might be missing the first set of DC eps, but they didn't have them in the store, and I have the entire series proper on DVD so that's something. I'll probably buy the blu-ray set if it ever comes out over here for a sensible price, but for now I'm happy.

I also picked up both halves of Oban: Star Racers, which was a childhood favourite of mine and a steal at £10 for the whole series.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:57 pm

Latest delivery:

Utena manga (box with two hardback volumes and a nsfw poster):

Kiznaiver BD (comes with artbook in the box, plus double-size hardback artbook containing the same material and several times more):

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "It was yourself you ran away from" - episode 16. (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:38 am

Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

::KL7::
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:11 am

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:Image

What are they about?
Comfort was the answer to all life's problems. It didn't solve them, but it made them more distant for a bit as they quietly worsened.

If you say guns kill people one more time

I will shoot you with a gun

And you will coincidently die

AdamMalkovitch
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:24 pm

I got a pretty rad (and clearly unlicensed) poster print of [ https://tinyurl.com/yd8neet6 ] from my city's state fair yesterday at one of the many weeaboo vendors' stands indoors. It was the only Eva merch I could find aside from those damn figures or wall scrolls of the girls in their plug suits. I also picked up https://tinyurl.com/y9whosq3 and https://tinyurl.com/y8muewkd , if I can't find a new copy of Samus Returns Special Edition, I'll support this damn franchise in other ways.
I've reached a point where I just generally don't give a fuck anymore. In a good way.

TheFriskyIan
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:05 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkovitch wrote:I got a pretty rad (and clearly unlicensed) poster print of [ https://tinyurl.com/yd8neet6 ] from my city's state fair yesterday at one of the many weeaboo vendors' stands indoors.

What's the size on that? It seems that 27x40s simply don't exist.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

TheFriskyIan
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:50 am

I got the new Yugioh Legendary Hero Decks. Comes with a Destiny HERO deck, a Phantom Knight deck, and a Nordic deck. Although I only bought it for the Destiny HERO's so now I can work on making a Thunder Dragon deck from the Soul Fusion booster set coming out in two days.

Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”