Eva Anatomy & Physiology: 2018 Edition

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only.

Moderator: Board Staff

Cae Lumis
Embryo

Re: Eva Anatomy & Physiology: 2018 Edition

•      
  •      

Postby Cae Lumis » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:58 am

I... tried... mounting the Entry Plug on an angle. However, interesting things happened as a result:

As you can see, even using Rebuild's 80m Unit-01, both the 12m and 20m Entry Plugs don't just go *over* the location of the Core, they burst straight out of the Evangelion itself... which has some really fun implications for the TV Version's 40m version of an Evangelion come to think of it...

Is there any way the issue of where exactly the Entry Plug occupies the interior of an Evangelion be reconciled with the dimensions of it?

Update: Whoops, forgot to actually display the 10m Entry Plug in that diagram, instead only showing the 12m Plug I was toying with. I have since updated the image to include the 10m Plug and modified the above text to reflect what the image originally showed, and... it just *barely* fits at a 35-degree angle.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 pm

After looking at some screencaps, have you tried a 20°-30° angle for the insertion? 35°-45° seems too steep for sure, and the angle could be as shallow as 15° - it's very tough to tell the precise angle from the angles we see of the Entry Plug being inserted.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

StrokeMeGoat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 am

I think your placement of the entry plug is a bit off. You can see in the gif below that the spinal armor/plug-hole and containment apparatus actually both raises AND rotates just prior to insertion, making the exact placement and angle of the entry plug rather tricky.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:49 am

Looking frame by frame, and following marks or features on each piece, I see no rotation. There is a sideways shadow movement that might fool you.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "Suki da, Yano" - Bokura ga ita ep.21 (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:59 pm

View Original PostStrokeMeGoat wrote:I think your placement of the entry plug is a bit off. You can see in the gif below that the spinal armor/plug-hole and containment apparatus actually both raises AND rotates just prior to insertion, making the exact placement and angle of the entry plug rather tricky.

Yeah, the plug slot is moving straight up from its locked position, there is no change in angle whatsoever.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

StrokeMeGoat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:04 am

Regardless, I feel the placement is a bit off. When I've got a bit more time I'll have a go at my own placement. It is nit picky, but we're discussing the placement and its relation to the core here, nit picking is kind of the name of the game. Keep in mind I'm not trying to criticize CL's job here, I'm trying to get the most accurate result.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:01 pm

^ No, I understand, with the constant size inconsistency, it's difficult to understand how the damn Entry Plug fits in the hole.

StrokeMeGoat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm

I know this is rebuild and not original EoTV, but since we're discussing rebuild sizes too, after a recent rewatch of 3.33, I think the entry plugs are actually the 20m size... at least going off of the Unit-13 insertion sequence. The entry plugs were clearly impossibly large just watching them Here's a not very good picture with part of the plugs cut off from view that shows us how large they are:

So at least when it comes to rebuild, the entry plugs are indeed so large that they could never fit without being converted to LCL or something.

Return to “Evangelion Discussion”