EoTV/EoE Episodes Concurrency Project

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

TBsq
Embryo

Re: EoTV/EoE Episodes Concurrency Project

•      
  •      

Postby TBsq » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:31 pm

My thread was removed do you know why?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:07 pm

No idea - some mod's crazy idea I suppose. They do strange things from time to time.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Amalgam429
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Amalgam429 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:38 am

This. Is. AMAZING!!! Is this ever getting cut together into a mega episode?
"How's it goin?"

"Aha, well, it's going, I guess"

- Kaji

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Search for the word "concurrency" on your favourite torrent site and you'll get a choice of such edits made by fans. There's no reason to suppose that there will ever be an official edit of this kind, though. Even though Anno did make an edit of Nadia which left out the bits he didn't like, i.e. almost all of the Island and Africa arcs (but keeping the bits that were necessary for continuity).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Has the ADV version of this project been edited into a video?
I've been looking for an ADV version of it for a while.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:18 pm

What do you mean by "the ADV version"?

This project and other similar ones are fan projects, not official ones at any company, past or present.

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:55 pm

View Original PostAWinters wrote:Has the ADV version of this project been edited into a video?
I've been looking for an ADV version of it for a while.

Do you mean an English dub version using the ADV dub voices?

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:58 pm

View Original PostMelkor wrote:Do you mean an English dub version using the ADV dub voices?

Yes, that's right

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:10 am

How would such a version even be possible? ADV never dubbed the movies.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:50 am

Is there an English dub version in general of the Concurrency Project?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:48 am

The version which is the subject of this thread includes the English dub.

I have a couple of older ones (probably no longer to be found) which are English dub only, in fact.

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:17 am

Sorry, I seem to have miscommunicated what I meant.
I'm looking for a decent concurrency edit of the English version that was done with the ADV voice cast (as opposed to the Netflix dub). Anyone know where I can find one, please?
I've tried "nyaa", but they only have Japanese versions.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:04 am

Search nyaa for "concurrency tri-audio" and you will get two links to the project discussed in this thread.

As far as I know, no one has yet made a version using the Netflix dubs.

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:29 am

View Original Postpwhodges#896513 wrote:Search nyaa for "concurrency tri-audio" and you will get two links to the project discussed in this thread.

As far as I know, no one has yet made a version using the Netflix dubs.

Thank you, I'll try that!

Have you watched this particular edit?

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:26 am

On that note: Was the voice cast in who recorded EoE the same cast as the ADV series? Because the voices sound different to NGE in every English version of EoE I've managed to find.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:17 am

Not entirely; and there are also some changed voices in the DC episodes. So, between the ADV (episodes) and Manga (films) dubs Gendō (and others) has two VAs, and Kaworu and Tōji have three!

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:13 am

After seeding and watching the concurrency project on "nyaa", I can see how the two match up and it works great. It's like scenes of one set up scenes of the other like it's meant to be.

I don't know how many there are or which version I've watched, but the script order deviates from the original post on this thread a bit.
I only have a bit of constructive feedback to give on the version I watched:
A couple of the clips from episode 25 don't feel like they're in the right place. Shinji's first 3 self reflection clips may have been better placed together at the beginning because in "real life" in 2 of those moments he is just sitting around in HQ, so there's nothing to prompt the "mind probes". This makes the difference between instrumentality and reality unclear.

The scene of Shinji as a child playing in the sandpit felt out of place too because it appeared just as it was starting the segment about Misato. I think that scene needs moving to somewhere in the "case 3: Shinji Ikari" section.

Most of it has very natural scene transitions, except the one where Shinji comes to his realisation and everyone applauds. The transition of that one scene felt edited. Looks like a hard scene to edit neatly to be fair because it means cutting the scene during the sound of applause. Maybe echoing out or overlapping the sound onto the next scene before fading it out might work (I'd try it, but I don't have the editing software).

There's also an issue with watching it in English: the parts that are text only aren't captioned in English.
To fix this issue, the project might need breaking up into separate files for different languages so these details can be accounted for.
I did try adding English captions myself, but my limited software doesn't have any fonts that look right.
If anyone does an English torrent, it might be worth removing the live action sequence because with different voice actors, it feels out of place.

The project is very nicely done! Seems like it all belongs together.
Very close to perfect.
Seriously, well done!

If I can get my hands on some good enough software some day, I don't mind making an English edit and adding it to "nyaa" if the founders of this project don't mind.

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:12 pm

This is great stuff. If only someone can make it with Netflix subs.

Rocko52
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rocko52 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:37 pm

Question, but is the "Version 3" of the "The End of Evangelion - Concurrency Project" listed in places an iteration of the one talked about on the last pages of this thread? The one linked via google drive has quite different edits. I wasn't a huge fan of third iteration I watched, but enjoyed it. Here were my thoughts on that:

"I really love the idea of this project. But I have to say, I doesn't really feel right to have the episode 26 Instrumentality pieces BEFORE the whole sequence of:
Shinji melting into Instrumentality, the Pyramid Sand Castle Phase, through the end of Komm Susser Tod where he strangles Asuka.

There is when Shinji initiates the final stage of Third Impact, by wishing for everyone to "die", the process of Complementation begins. Especially because of how low he is there, how the Pre-Instrumentality visions from EoE are meant to confront and crush Shinji, while the Episode 26 (and 25 as well imo) scenes all seem to occur deep in Instrumentality, and is where Shinji undergoes his intense interrogation and reflection that results in him accepting his existence in reality. To me, that should place the triumphant Shinji breaking through the glass screens and "Congratulations" just around when he is talking to Rei and Kaworu in EoE, and results in Unit 01 breaking out of Lilith. That is the triumphant high of EoE (before the devastating glimpse of how very real pain will continue to be) where Shinji rejects instrumentality and opens the path for all who wish it to return to human form.

Of course that's just how I would have done it, and I very much enjoyed this edit. I have no editing skills, but I just felt like sharing. To me it feels very jarring to have the highs of Shinji's breakthroughs just prior to "Congratulations" immediately before his descent and initiation into Third Impact and Instrumentality. It doens't make emotional/thematic/psychological sense to me. And though I know it would be hard to fit in, I would love to see the "alternate reality" scene from Episode 26 fit in there somewhere. The live action scene(s) of EoE serve a different purpose, showing a world without individuals or hope in a sense; while the alternate reality school scene is meant to illustrate how Shinji's existence is not tied to piloting an Eva and that he could completely put himself in a different situation if he fully accepts his existence as valid."

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:51 pm

The "third version" is just a remake of earlier versions of this project. The one on Google Drive is someone else's different concurrency edit, and is not associated with this one.

Return to “Fan Works”