What is in the backpack?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Lurking2018
Embryo

What is in the backpack?

•      
  •      

Postby Lurking2018 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:28 pm

All the plugsuits have a triangle shaped box on the back.

What do you think it has in it or what does it do?

Some thoughts are survival supplies or the equipment needed to run the suit such as sensors.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: What is in the backpack?

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:43 am

Control eletronics is my guess, and probably an antenna for a two-way telemetry of some sort.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:47 am

I always thought it was more like the control centre which sends information back regarding the piolts body read outs to Magi system.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 pm

^ That, and probably the power system for a defibulator as well.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:26 am

It would be interesting to know how long can the plugsuit operate before shutting down. Maybe they mention it in 3.0+1.0.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:39 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:^ That, and probably the power system for a defibulator as well.

Thank you for mentioning that I forgot in the series they had to use that on Shinji. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Yeah, it's gotta be the power for the electronics for the suit. All the monitoring and the watch and the defibrillator and shit like that. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Mari's were gutted and packed with random shit (e.g. juice boxes).
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:38 am

I imagine it's the core that manages all of the electronics within the suit, at least that makes the most sense to me.
I do love me some Rei guns.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:21 am

Another thing that has to be in there: The gas tanks for the D-Type Plugsuit
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 am

The "backpack" is probably a large combination of things. The life support and power systems for the suit, the telemetry transmitters/receivers which also probably links up with the A10 connectors, the vacuum pumps to shrink the suit to form fit the pilots, the defibrillator, and it probably also has a locator beacon for SAR operations if the pilot ejects, like when the pilots eject and move away from their Entry Plugs. Don't think much else could fit in there.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:18 am

The really important question is: What is in PenPen's backpack? And why does it look somewhat remotely like the back of an Eva? :emogendo:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:25 am

^ It's either a cooling pack so he doesn't overheat or its full of beef jeered, or both :lol:
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Personally I think it is what causes the vacuum seal like function.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:17 pm

Originally I thought it was a parachute.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”