Problems While Running Girlfriend of Steel Special Edition

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Attawog
Embryo

Problems While Running Girlfriend of Steel Special Edition

•      
  •      

Postby Attawog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Alright, so I've decided to try out Girlfriend of Steel. Everything seemed to be working fine until I had to go to Passage G-4 to proceed with the story. When I clicked on Passage G-4, it did nothing but keep me in place at the L-3 elevator hall. All the other places were working fine though. Are there any solutions to this?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Problems While Running Girlfriend of Steel Special Edition

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Hmm, do you maybe have a bad copy? (Is it a rip or legit?)

It's been quite awhile since I played that version, but I think you need to go down a different passageway? Could just be a weird bug, too. I had a PSP UMD of it several years ago, so it ran fine. (FWIW, I also remember playing the PC version of that and GoS2. Both played fine, though installation was confusing at first.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Attawog
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Attawog » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:20 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Hmm, do you maybe have a bad copy? (Is it a rip or legit?)

It's been quite awhile since I played that version, but I think you need to go down a different passageway? Could just be a weird bug, too. I had a PSP UMD of it several years ago, so it ran fine. (FWIW, I also remember playing the PC version of that and GoS2. Both played fine, though installation was confusing at first.)

Well, it's a ripped version of it. Could that be the problem?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:43 am

I've played plenty of ripped games before that ran perfectly without any problems, so I'm honestly stumped.

I'd assume maybe you're just in the wrong area (this walkthrough for the Saturn version has a Nerv map, maybe Shinji's walking around lost: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/562819 ... faqs/10317 )

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:17 am

From personal experience, the only problem I ran into was needing to have the Japanese language pack installed on my PC to install the game. Beyond that, everything worked pretty well.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Attawog
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Attawog » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Hm, I'm pretty sure it was the right way. I've seen a video of that very same area and the passage worked. Damn, I don't know. Maybe I downloaded wrong. Thanks for the help anyway.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:36 pm

No problem! Like DarkBluePhoenix mentioned, I remember (for GoS2 installation, for instance) that I needed a Japanese language pack installed to run things properly but that was about the only problem I ran into, too.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:42 pm

^ Yeah, its actually kinda funny that they don't mention that anywhere on the sites you can download from before you run the install file for the game. Thankfully, the PSP versions don't have this handicap inconvenience.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”