Evangelion 3.0+1.0: 2020

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Evangelion 3.0+1.0: 2020

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:12 am

I hadn't thought of the Toho/Toei collaboration positively affecting international distribution. That does make sense and seems hopeful for a same-year US theatrical release.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: Evangelion 3.0+1.0: 2020

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Big reason I don't think there will be any major delay between a Japan & theatrical run - unlike the past three films which were essentially independent productions distributed by small Japanese distribution studios, this final film has the two Japanese big dogs Toho & Toei behind it. They have the money, power & connections overseas to get things done quickly and for a good price.
It sounds like on the previous films Khara was crossing every T & dotting every I in their negotiations with Funimation to make sure they got the best financial deal and that's partially what took so long. With Final, Khara has probably already gotten well paid and are lined up to secure a nice paycheck when Funimation buys (or has already bought) the rights.

So the same studios behind DBS: Broly... sounds like the odds are in our favor for a quick international and dubbed release. You brought that up in an earlier post too IIRC.

robersora wrote:I've watched Q without knowing Japanese in Japanese theaters. It was a mesmerizing experience.

Thankfully EVA is full of rich visuals which make following the gist of the story a bit easier, sounds like something worth experiencing a some point.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”