[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:36 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Netflix period piece cult horror film Apostle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JdWOqc9Q8
Heh, reminds me of how in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon he wasn't allowed to throw direct punches

That was actually a universal policy applied to all cartoons airing on Fox Kids at the time. Physical violence against human characters, especially kicking and punching, had to be either not shown or visually censored. Superhero cartoons were especially badly affected by it. For example, in the X-men cartoon, which aired around the same time, Wolverine was only allowed to use his claws on inanimate objects or robots. The Thing in the Fantastic Four cartoon wasn't allowed to "clobber" humans, only monsters and aliens.

However, sometimes this allowed the creators to get more creative rather than less. When the writers for Batman: The Animated Series (which aired in syndication on Fox affiliates before being picked up by KidsWB) were told that they couldn't show the Joker physically attacking his victims, they came up with an alternate solution: they would show him flashing his signature "Joker Grin" at the victim, and then the screen would fade. Bruce Timm, the head animator for the series, commented that this was actually scarier than just showing him attacking.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:04 am

Aladdin live action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g5knnlF7Zo

Not really feeling this one tired of Disney remaking these because they never improve on the original and when they have tried to improve like in Beauty And Beast they just made it even worse and they really missed the issues which the fans were getting at in the 90's original. So I'm fully expecting Aladdin to be a scene for scene remake with nothing done to call Aladdin out on his constant lies or Jasmines whole issue of being an object/prize to be won and being forced in to marriage.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:41 am

I don’t know what I find more tiresome, these remakes or Disney’s marketing campaigns for movies like *Wrinkle* or the upcoming Nutcracker movie where they have the director or a star sit down and speak directly into the camera about how ~important~ the movie is and how much I’m going to like it and how magical it will make me feel. Fuck you, mouse, I don’t have to do what you tell me.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:02 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I don’t know what I find more tiresome, these remakes or Disney’s marketing campaigns for movies like *Wrinkle* or the upcoming Nutcracker movie where they have the director or a star sit down and speak directly into the camera about how ~important~ the movie is and how much I’m going to like it and how magical it will make me feel. Fuck you, mouse, I don’t have to do what you tell me.

Damn...just damn I had no idea they were doing that like your only meant to do that when your movie becomes a cult icon or goes down in cinema history as something special then you get to add that to the blue ray 4K and DVD additions, but to add it like that is so arrogant. Because the reality you make a movie but it's the fans and history who decide its worth.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Wrinkle In Time did it commercials but there was actually a short message from the director before the film itself, in the theater, where the director jerked of the movie for being so good and an achievement and shit, when it was actually boredering on what I call aggressively terrible. Insert obligatory jab at Unexoexted Journey here.

I saw a similar brief... trailer? For lack of a better word, for the Nutcracker movie, preceding First Man.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

Return to “Film and Video”