Little Details You May Have Missed

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Little Details You May Have Missed

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:04 pm

A thread for any little details you've never noticed till now.
(Merge this thread if anyone finds a better spot for it)

Somehow I only just noticed that Misato's cross has a different design in EoE. In the series the hole for the necklace goes though the side of the cross, and in EoE it is through the front (obviously so Shinji can later nail it to Misato's grave marker).

Ep. 1
SPOILER: Show

EoE
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Little Details You May Have Missed

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:08 am

Was curious, so I took a look. Looks like it's inconsistent in the show, and they show the cord running through the sides and attaching to the top. This inconsistency continues into The End of Evangelion, and we first see the cord going through the front at 31:38, when Misato is trying to talk some sense into Shinji.

The End of Evangelion at 31:38:

Fazmotron

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:44 am

It's kinda crazy to me that I've been at this for over 10 years now (on this board at least) and we're still picking up on new little details.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:21 pm

When Hyuga said in EoE during Unit 02 being dismembered by the Eva Series, "Berserker!", I always thought it was just some throwaway line that didn't mean a thing but only now when I saw it today and remembered all the times that Unit 01 went berserk did I finally see the light that Unit 02 might've been trying to go berserk but by then, it was too late. I feel both dumb and satisfied with my discovery in that it took two decades to discover it for myself.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”