What do you think Shinji would enjoy learning to cook?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

What do you think Shinji would enjoy learning to cook?

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:04 pm

Just what the title says.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: What do you think Shinji would enjoy learning to cook?

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Well IMO, not specific dishes, but things his friends would enjoy eating. Shinji tries his best to please people, and perfecting their favorite dishes would make him feel happy. As for himself, Shinji may be adventurous enough to buy a cookbook and then just try to see how well he can cook it.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:21 am

If SIRP is anything to go by, pretty much any traditional Japanese dish
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Fri May 04, 2018 12:37 pm

All I can picture when I see Shinji in the kitchen is him saying "I mustn't burn the soup" over and over again ad nausiem.

Thing is, I don't think Shinji WOULD enjoy cooking, or at least he'd never admit to it. We're talking about a kid who can't even take a compliment about his cello skills. Unless he's cooking with Kaworu, then all bets are off.

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:00 pm

I imagine nothing in particular honestly, he's just that kinda guy I think
I do love me some Rei guns.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:40 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well IMO, not specific dishes, but things his friends would enjoy eating. Shinji tries his best to please people, and perfecting their favorite dishes would make him feel happy. As for himself, Shinji may be adventurous enough to buy a cookbook and then just try to see how well he can cook it.

This. Poor kid secretly likes to feel needed/useful.

This happened at least once:

Shinji: [Passes Marshmallows and Spare Ribs] "Look Asuka, I made something Western for you to cheer you up, since you've been in a bad mood lately."
Asuka: Why does everyone in Asia have to lump us in with those loudmouthed rude Americans? [she said, loudly and rudely] We don't put two tons of Grease and Sugar on everything! No thanks, as a pilot, I have to mantain my condition
Shinji: [Absconds to google, procures elaborate obscure regional dish, orders imported raspberry vinegar and sweet mustard over the intertubes]
Asuka: "Blergh! It's that stuff those stupid [Regional Stereotype] eat in [Neighboring Bundesland]!"
Shinji: "Guys, where is [Bundesland]?" [Proceeds to be pelted with WWII trivia by Kensuke, but eventually deduces the necessary information]
Asuka: [a bit touched but absolutely refuses to admit it ] You think I came all the way to Asia to eat potatoes? [waltzes off to her room, plate in hand, mouth half full of the offending substance]
Shinji: * sadface *
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:54 am

^ That sounds about right. Though I'd guess it happened every time he cooked something specifically for Asuka.

But I think you left out the part where Asuka wonders silently why Shinji isn't asking to eat with her, and muttering "Baka Shinji" while she blushes as she walks away. ^_^
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:57 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:^ That sounds about right. Though I'd guess it happened every time he cooked something specifically for Asuka.

But I think you left out the part where Asuka wonders silently why Shinji isn't asking to eat with her, and muttering "Baka Shinji" while she blushes as she walks away. ^_^

[Rebuild Kaji voice] "That is within the realm of possibility" XD

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Now what would Mari's reaction be to like fish & chips or bangers n' mash?

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Now what would Mari's reaction be to like fish & chips or bangers n' mash?

Mari: Eh. Good food's good food
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:36 am

Veggie food for Rei ! Also, I'd like to see what would happen if he cooked something very spiced to his dad. Would Gendo be able to keep his calm ?
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Well, Asuka mentions something about Shinji being unable to handle the spicy in 2.0, but that might just be her assumption rather than the reality.

Of course there would be some hilarity if it were true.... and Gendo was exactly the same

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:53 am

Asuka isn't a reliable source, she just likes bitching about everything and she's probably jealous of Shinji's cooking skills. :tongue:
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:40 am

I think Shinji would like to cook something that can be done with other people like pizza.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”