Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Technically speaking, her mother is the one with choking experience, Ritsuko just watched. Though in Ritsuko's twisted head (after her mental breakdown anyway), she may make a move on Shinji to get back at his father in some convoluted way. That would be a disturbing fic to read.

I meant Asuka had experience with being choked, but admittedly I could have phrased it way more clearly.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 am

Abandon faith all ye who enter  SPOILER: Show
So we know Fuyutsuki was heavily infatuated with Yui, and not just emotionally since he's stared at her breasts even after she was married with a child.

And in-universe most people who knew of Yui picked up on the connection between her and Rei.

And Rei is a completely submissive doll who doesn't seem to worry about men seeing her naked.

Therefore, I cannot help but conclude Fuyutsuki has likely slept with Rei at least once, possibly more times.

You're welcome. B)

:mayano:

Side note this is wrong all kind of levels and Rei in my view is not submissive she is quite out of fear and terror of being replaced it why she does not value her existence or life and her apartment being a mess points to someone with deep depression, hence the bloody bandages and things left as they are not picked up.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:33 am

View Original PostACGT-Samael wrote:I meant Asuka had experience with being choked, but admittedly I could have phrased it way more clearly.

Thank you for clarifying
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:

Apart from you removing the quote coding and thus not making clear to people skipping to this page that you didn't write this, glad to see I can still make an impression.

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Side note this is wrong all kind of levels and Rei in my view is not submissive she is quite out of fear and terror of being replaced it why she does not value her existence or life and her apartment being a mess points to someone with deep depression, hence the bloody bandages and things left as they are not picked up.

Rei isn't afraid of being replaced, she knows she's replaceable and has resigned herself to that fate. That's why she's willing to take suicidal missions, because she knows her death is no real loss. As for her apartment, I think that's more to show her detachment from the world, like the way she isolates herself with books. She's not truly depressed because she's capable of being happy, as seen with Gendo and Shinji. She's more withdrawn than depressed.

And it's pretty clear she's submissive. Apart from accepting any order without question, there's that time she didn't even try to stop Asuka from slapping her.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:56 am

ACGT-Samael wrote:Rei isn't afraid of being replaced, she knows she's replaceable and has resigned herself to that fate. That's why she's willing to take suicidal missions, because she knows her death is no real loss. As for her apartment, I think that's more to show her detachment from the world, like the way she isolates herself with books. She's not truly depressed because she's capable of being happy, as seen with Gendo and Shinji. She's more withdrawn than depressed.

And it's pretty clear she's submissive. Apart from accepting any order without question, there's that time she didn't even try to stop Asuka from slapping her.

That is a very accurate assessment.

Anyway, back on topic... another ship I enjoy is Kaworu and Rei, mainly just to see how it would work out if Kaworu decided to not go down to central Dogma and instead explore his relationship with Rei
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Pen Pen and Fuyutsuki are my favorite ship. :nyao:
More seriously, I like to ship Shinji and Asuka, I have that idea that they could've lived happily together without Nerv, Seele, Evas and Angels. Or at least if they had an actual psychologist to avoid depression.
Also, Shinji and Kaworu because yaoi is the best thing humanity ever made, period.
Finally, and there I enter into the awkward fan theory zone, I also like to ship Rei with Asuka. It usually happens by imagining what could've happened if the elevator scene went better.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:59 pm

View Original PostACGT-Samael#877535 wrote:Rei isn't afraid of being replaced, she knows she's replaceable and has resigned herself to that fate.

Those two things don't neccessarily contradict each other - She may have accepted it as an unchanging fact of life and still feel aun unpleasant tug in the pit of her stomach when she contemplates the thought

I mean, she doesn't just do what people tell her because she has no thoughts of her own (unless we're strictly talking of her 3.0 version). When Shinji questions Gendo her response is not to say "Why would you say that?" or "The commander is always right.", but to get mad and sock him in the face because how dare he.
She's more like a cult member (a comparision Anno explicitly made once IIRC) than a robot - she truly believes in Gendo's plan since she's been brought up in isolation with her whole life focussed on this big external mission, that her life, her thoughts and her feelings (which she very much had since the beginning) are unimportant compared to The Cause and that she has, can't have, nothing outside of it, something that is certainly exaggerated/emphasized by how Gendo can just warm up a new one of her at any time.

Asuka certainly assumed that, as she puts in in ep 11, "she would do anything to get her goal", but it's telling that when she's actually ordered to do something that could be considered ruthless or dicey, she reacts very differently, such as when she questions Misato's orders to retreat after Shinji gets swallowed by Leliel, or when she gets steamrolled by Bardiel because she had real difficulty blasting a classmate whom she had a few vaguely friendly interactions with, not to mention that she consistently displays the most care for her comrades out of the three pilots (ste stays at Shinji's bedside after Ramiel grilled him way before they were actually friends, and even tried to give Asuka some advice/help)

And not minding if people see her naked probably has less to do with "submissiveness" and more with being raised in isolation away from human condition as a lab specimen that probably gets poked and prodded all the time, Ritsuko, Fuyutsuki and Gendo have dry technical business conversations all the time while she just stands there in her tube. She's probably read enough biology books to know what humans do with their dangly bits but it doesn't pertain to her since its not In The Plan.

That would probably have quite the opposite effect on any potential sexual encounters she might have in some hypothetical future.
There's nothing "special" about being naked for her and she probably has a rather distant relationship to her physicality - in some sense her body is a swappable part of hardware somewhat 'mismatched' to the Lillith-derived software, besides, it's some frankensteinesque device that Gendo made as a remote control for Lillith and third impact, with a dead woman's face to boot, a meat-machine owned and mantained by NERV at best and at worst a cumbersome conduit through which to experience pain. Heck, she probably has a sorta abstract, in-her-head bookish personality to begin with, even before all the other stuff is taken into account.
We've seen that she certainly has the capacity to yearn for an intimate, primal sort of connection, but I could easily see her having difficulty connecting that or getting that in some sort of alignment with vaguely tingly sensations in the downstairs regions.

While its certainly possible that she could eventually learn to see her body as a vehicle for pleasure and self expression (and that this might well turn out to be a transformative experience, in the same way that learning to value the simple earthy pleasures of yummy nom stuff and to make a social activity out of it was imho legit positive development in the rebuilds), I doubt she'dfind a lot of enjoyment in , or even be particularly good at the bottom position or passive role, you'd probably have what certain men crudely term 'dead fish syndrome' until she had some time to get in tune with her body.

I mean there's a couple of situation where she does display a capacity for embrassment (such as when Shinji tries to refashion his Yui-related shower thought into a compliment) or "!! my stuff !!" (look at her expression when she comes home during Touji and Shinji's visit, but before the latter explains that he touched nothing other than the trash), but there's very, very little that qualifies as "my stuff" in Rei's world, not even the meatsack she lives in, and there is certainly some perversity to that
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 am

I'm pretty verbal about how much of a Shinji x Kaworu trashboy I am, so the answer for me is simple. Best pair though? Not so sure.
I do love me some Rei guns.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:09 pm

^ Is there a best pair though?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:51 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:^ Is there a best pair though?

Mari.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:16 pm

Ramiel?
JUSTICE & MERCY

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:19 am

Pairs.

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:26 am

Ramiel x Iruel then. Ramiel can carry Iruel inside and inject her into the Geofront, where she can do her job. It's even possible to imagine Iruel being composed of very tiny Ramiels. Fractals, man.
JUSTICE & MERCY

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:14 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Mari.

Well, considering she's my waifu, I will agree to that.
SPOILER: Show

Though Hikari's nice too...

Hikari x Mari would be interesting come to think of it.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:41 pm

I was just thinking now that had Toji died in episode 18, the writers could've very well worked a Kensuke/Hikari ship strictly for the pity they might feel in a situation like that.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:25 pm

^Toji died in the manga. He survived in the episode, though he lost a leg for his trouble.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:22 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:^Toji died in the manga. He survived in the episode, though he lost a leg for his trouble.

I know. Simply saying had he died in the anime, they could've worked the Hikari/Kensuke love angle but sadly all we got was a scene between them in episode 22 discussing how Toji is still in the hospital and other stuff I can't remember... :???:
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:29 pm

^ Or Hikari could have ended up with Asuka, which would be pretty cool. That is a pairing I could get behind.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:23 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Though Hikari's nice too...

I'm not entirely sure what to think about that image. On one hand, too prude to go for the full naked apron. On the other, based on the color, school swimsuit under the apron may set off a whole different fetish...
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Well, that would be somewhat consistent with what we can (not) hear and see onscreen.

BTW and sorry for going offtopic (double sorry for replying to a signature):
Chuckman wrote:The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen.

We all are singularities, dude. For our cells. Can they understand - can they react at all to colective consiousnesses that haunt their colonies?
JUSTICE & MERCY

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”