[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 pm

I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Zafion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zafion » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:11 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:There appear to be a couple of other figures in the same series

Thanks for the answer!

But checking those, there's not a matching figure (same size etc), maybe they will release in the future hehe

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:18 am

Well, finally got the torso joint to move. I really don't know how, but it looked like it was sticked for some reason... Oh well, at least it moves now.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:39 pm

I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:46 pm

I absolutely MUST learn more about that Anima thing. It looks awesome.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Pics from the new Wonderfest Figures

Some Weird Eva 01

Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:09 am

Linking to 4chan links is pointless, they block hotlinking and they expire quickly.

Dengeki has better pictures here: https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/706285/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

wlagner
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wlagner » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:18 am

Oh man, oh man! I can't wait to get my hands on that new Unit 08.
I wonder if it's gonna be a regular release or an exclusive one (I HOPE IT'S A REGULAR RELEASE)
I kinda don't care for the weird looking Eva 01. I got the last anima Eva 01 and it's a mayor pain in the ass to pose. It also came with blotchy paint apps and two left hands. BUT QC issues aside, i'm really looking forward for new Revoltech merch

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:37 pm

have you guys been following the mafex series ? they offer far more acessories then bandai robot spirits and kotobukiya kits, they are in scale with koto kits and 1.5 bigger then bandai figures but look very similar in build...i'm getting the eva 00 since it has parts to be from the first movie or the second with bandages. i almost bought eva 02 from them, but i already have 2 figures.
Does anyone even visit this section anymore ?

https://hlj.com/mafex-evangelion-unit-0 ... edmafex-98
ANATA BAKA !?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:38 am

Really digging the finish on those, and the proportions look pretty awesome, too. Not too sure about the elbow joints. Also, the accessories are awesome! Sadly, a bit on the pricy end of things

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:42 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Really digging the finish on those, and the proportions look pretty awesome, too. Not too sure about the elbow joints. Also, the accessories are awesome! Sadly, a bit on the pricy end of things

still cheaper then the barebones eva00 you find from bandai arond because it was an tamashii exclusive.
ANATA BAKA !?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:53 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:still cheaper then the barebones eva00 you find from bandai arond because it was an tamashii exclusive.

I am not sure which one of the Bandai Unit 00's you mean here... if we are talking similar size, that would probably be the Soul of Chogokin... which are always really expensive

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:37 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I am not sure which one of the Bandai Unit 00's you mean here... if we are talking similar size, that would probably be the Soul of Chogokin... which are always really expensive

im saying the robot spirits, the evas are about 17 cm, this one should be 18.5
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:03 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:im saying the robot spirits, the evas are about 17 cm, this one should be 18.5

The Robot Spirits figures were NOT 17cm... They were on par with Revoltechs, so they would be around 14.5cm, give or take .5cm

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:34 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:The Robot Spirits figures were NOT 17cm... They were on par with Revoltechs, so they would be around 14.5cm, give or take .5cm

i have them, i measured them because then i was thinking of getting the bandai kit eva 00 to finish the trinity.....so yes they are 17 cm and robot spirits were bigger than revoltech evas, and they edge the NEW EVO revoltech by a small margin , but they are 17.

NEW EVO revoltech eva comparison ,notice damashi is way to hunched he should be bigger Image

Original revoltech eva comparison Image
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Holy crap, you are right... :cringe:

I recalled them being around the same size of all Eva Revoltechs... Totally forgot that the 2.0 Evas were smaller...

wlagner
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wlagner » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Does anyone know when the Emergency Combat Unit 8 goes up for preorder? Or if it's gonna be an exclusive?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:17 am

View Original Postwlagner wrote:Does anyone know when the Emergency Combat Unit 8 goes up for preorder? Or if it's gonna be an exclusive?

Well, they didn't state much about it. The release date should be given when high-quality prototypes are finished. I doubt it will be a limited edition or something like that.

In any case I'd wait until after the release of the movie to buy any figure.
Figures released before are almost certain to be different to their on-screen versions. For example, the first release of Eva 05 was before the Evangelion 2.0 movie, and after the movie came out they re-released the same figure with a different, screen accurate color scheme. The first Eva 02 from Evangelion Q was released with a gray arm and shield, while on-screen it had the grappling-hook-arm-thing and graphite and red heat shield. The arm was later bundled with Eva 08, but the heat shield was never made screen-accurate... Had to paint it myself.

I'm almost certain that this Eva 08 will be different than its movie incarnation. Maybe some color will be different, maybe some part will change, who knows. Whether it is because Anno changes stuff on a whim (and God, we know he does that!) or is some ploy to sell more figures (I'm going for this one) is anyone's guess.

RoNC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RoNC » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:33 am

Does anyone know if there's any chance that Kotobukiya releases the remaining TV EVAs as kits?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:41 am

View Original PostRoNC wrote:Does anyone know if there's any chance that Kotobukiya releases the remaining TV EVAs as kits?

If you want them, you better start sacrificing to the modelling gods :irked:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”