plugsuit construction

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:46 pm

You could construct them not to ride up and constrict around those areas pretty easily, I'd say.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

fizz450_03
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fizz450_03 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:20 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:
Either that or Shinji and Toji just have small wingdigglers.

this doe. :D

I think it's a rubber-ish kind of thing, remember when Asuka donned her "special" plugsuit on 'Magma Diver'? She said there was nothing special with the suit, and thought it was just a regular one until she pressed the button, and her suit got inflated.
only mankind would be foolish enough to harness the engine of it's own destruction

Lurking2018
Embryo

Re: plugsuit construction

•      
  •      

Postby Lurking2018 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm

My thoughts are that a plugsuit has three functions
1. To protect the pilot
2. Increase their ability to focus on incoming data
3. Provide a location for all the sensors to be placed

Wearing something overly skin tight however, may reduce their ability to concentrate and therefore reduce their synchronization rate.

After searching for a 3D image of what a plugsuit could look like I found this image:

SPOILER: Show

The suit was created by Weta Workshop for the 2017 Power Rangers movie.

Here is some of the suits without computer animation:
https://www.wetaworkshop.com/assets/News/Power-Rangers/_resampled/ResizedImage600400-I4-0371-130416.jpg

The suit has a spandex base designed to fit like a glove and was screen printed with raised inks to conceal any seams.

The 30 armor pieces are made from urethane foam.

Do you think it fits with what you feel a plugsuit would look like?

Lurking2018
Embryo

Re: plugsuit construction

•      
  •      

Postby Lurking2018 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:02 pm

I have found a behind the scenes video of the step by step process of how Weta Workshop created the Power Ranger's suits.

[url]]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7B6hKrJD7c[/url]

it is 4 minutes a 33 seconds long

If nothing else it will give people views of every angle of a urethane covered suit if the person is designing a evangelion cosplay.

Also it shows the how the characters move when wearing such a device.

Some tips I can give to cosplayers reading this is to look in to seam taping and gluing that is commonly done on drysuits to reduce the appearance of seams

Another thought is you can use nylon, polyester, spandex or any other swimsuit material instead of black PVC. Better fit, more breathable, less cheap looking.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”