Shinkalion

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Shinkalion

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:44 pm

That gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:56 pm

^
I did not expect three lines of text to have that much of an effect on me
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:24 am

Merged the two topics about this anime which were right next to each other in Everything Else.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:25 am

Episode uploaded by the official channel.

https://youtu.be/m7EQc3ayKuk
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Soo... I was looking up the first episode, in the mood for a silly kid show to laugh at, and to my surprise had a genuine good time watching (and, to be fair, cringing at) it... Didn't think I would say this, but I will definitely watch a couple more episodes if Im in the mood for some shallow sillyness
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:56 am

Friendo found this cute little interview by Ogata on Shinkalion. Don't know the source for the translation.

https://dime.jp/genre/588633/

How is the Shinji who appeared in Shinkalion different from Evangelion's Shinji Ikari?

What were your thoughts when you heard that Shinji would be appearing in today's episode?

Ogata: I've done numerous game collabs in the past, so I thought it's finally time for an Anime collab. As information started to pour in about it I hadn't received the offer (to voice him) yet, so I thought it might have been given to someone else. However I'm glad it ended up being me, I thought "Now I can ride the 500 Type Eva!" (lol).

Tell us your thoughts when you saw the 500 Type Eva transform into the Shinkalion?

Ogata: I was surprised at how robot-ish it was. For those who aren't very familiar with Eva, it isn't exactly categorized as your typical "Robot Anime". So I guess it's what you would call a Robot Anime version of the Eva! (lol). It looked really cool and very different from our show's Eva.

What were some of the highlights of your collaboration of today's episode?

Ogata: The Shinji depicted in the script had a real big-brother feeling to him that he usually doesn't have. Even when I tried to give him a slightly more mature voice, I was still told by sound director Mida-san, "Make him sound more level-headed so he seems more reliable than Hayato" and "Make his voice less shaky".

I wanted to retort, "But he's not a level-headed character...!", but in the end I tried my best to fulfill their request in making him match the show's atmosphere.

Does Ogata-san's have any treasured memories about Shinkansen?

Ogata: When I was a child, I was the type that liked railroads more than dolls. I loved to run alongside the Shinkansen rail while singing songs. So I was super thrilled when I got to ride the 500 Type Eva!

Shinkalion and Evangelion's collaboration airs on August 11th, anything you're looking forward to in the future?

Ogata: If possible, in the next EvaShinkalion collab - I'd like to try fighting an angel- er, or a normal enemy!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:22 am

aww thats adorable.
So Ogata can say that she got to ride an actual mecha XDD.

EDIT: Seen it.
Reactions:

The sisters are super adorable.
I like how Nozomi is all sassy & spunky, reminds me of my own youngest sis. Bit nerdy too, I wonder if she has met Kensuke, they would be too powerful together. Or just swap photography tips I guess.

I'd somehow always HCed Nozomi as the Token Bad Sister since Hikari was already the responsible sibling but she comes off like a protective reasonable adult here.
Looks like my idea that she probably works to help support the family probably holds true tho.

I like how they tease Hikari about her crush on Touji.

Lost it at 'Code Name Kingangelael'. And they play the opening, too PFFF Actually ALL the famous BGM. That's just cute.

Asuka & Rei just stand there mysteriously like they're too cool for all of this.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:38 pm

This can't be right! [Insert Youtuber here] told me that Eva was over forever! Anno hates you! Anno hates his fans! Go away! No more Eva! It's done! Nobody cares about this silly little niche franchise!

New Shinkalion crossover coming up. Only Shinji and Rei featured so far but I suppose we'll see other characters soon.

https://www.animatetimes.com/news/detai ... ium=social

Ogata has also given an amusing interview on it, she calls Eva Shinkalion's "big brother". Perhaps this means there's going to be even more collaborations.

https://www.anime-recorder.com/tvanime/216508/

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:17 pm

That's the most Getter Arc Unit 01 I've ever seen, holy shit

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:27 am

It is hilarious. Gendo features prominently.

It seems a bit like they went on a father-son parallel universe hopping trip after their reconciliation in the last Rebuild.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:42 am

For the moment at least, it's available raw on the YouTube channel -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xTS9JnPqA

Also, this is a moment of striking self-awareness

SPOILER: Show
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:57 pm

All of the Shinkalion episodes and films are available with fan subs from a certain torrent site.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”