Embedding YouTube videos (or Media in general)

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Embedding YouTube videos (or Media in general)

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:41 am

Is it possible to implement a similar function on the forum? Currently there's only the url bbcode to link to YouTube (or any platform that isn't Twitter).

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Embedding YouTube videos (or Media in general)

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:40 pm

it is possible -- there's a [flash] tag that was deliberately disabled, because flash, and also because the video is always embedded. The same is true of all the ways to add a [youtube] tag that a quick search will reveal.

The ideal behaviour would be like the way that 4chan does it -- having a text fragment that gives a thumbnail preview on hover and embeds the video only when clicked. I just have to get around to the reverse-engineering required.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Embedding YouTube videos (or Media in general)

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Personally, I would prefer the way discord (or a bunch of websites for that matter) handle it, having the thumbnail embedded with a play option below the message
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”