Awful Games?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ShonHam
Lilith

Awful Games?

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:27 am

Hey all. I enjoy watching really awful movies (the so bad it's good kind) with friends just to completely shit on them for a laugh, and was thinking now would be a good time to move on to shitting on awful games for a laugh. If you could, would you suggest a few 'so bad they're good' video games for me so I have a general starting point?

Side note: I've already slaved through all of Sonic '06 and Ride to Hell Retribution, it was as bad as it sounds.
I do love me some Rei guns.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Awful Games?

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Revenant its not the game its the ending its just like WTF you just made it all pointless plus Loki is not the most charming of anti heroes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0wZjMCd_Ek&ab_channel=idhoppers
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:29 am

What a masterpiece that game seems to be, Imma check it out if I can find it

Also for others who read this, I'd also love to take some suggestions of games with terrible voice acting, those are just as marvellous as awful gameplay/glitches

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:41 am

View Original PostShonHam wrote:What a masterpiece that game seems to be, Imma check it out if I can find it

Also for others who read this, I'd also love to take some suggestions of games with terrible voice acting, those are just as marvellous as awful gameplay/glitches

Its over on GOG.com if you need to buy it ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Terrible voice acting? Men of War comes to mind. The English dub for STALKER: Call of Pripyat is also pretty bad: monotonic phoned-in delivery, overly slangy translations of simple phrases, and some egregious mispronunciation of character names.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:00 pm

View Original PostShonHam wrote:'so bad they're good' video games

Earth Defense Force

"Let's not delude ourselves, video games are still at their best, when they're fucking dumb".

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:51 am

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've had an Earth Defense Force game sitting on my shelf for ages without even realizing, I'm gonna finally give it a go dude

I love House of the Dead for it's god-awful voice acting, coupled with the games being really enjoyable it just adds to them

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 am

Deadly Premonition might fall into this category. Controls quite sluggishly, really bizarre voice acting and not great graphically but makes up for it with a hell of a lot of charm and intrigue.

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 am

Those kinds of games can be quite fun to visit, too. Sometimes I prefer messing around with clunkier games and stuff just to get a better understanding of how not to make a game, if the story is good or it has some redeeming qualities that can kinda turn my opinions on it for the better.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”