Request: Send me questions, I'm interviewing Masahiko Otsuka and Yoh Yoshinari

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Request: Send me questions, I'm interviewing Masahiko Otsuka and Yoh Yoshinari

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Hey everyone, Masahiko Otsuka and Yoh Yoshinari, both of whom worked on Evangelion, will be at Otakon. I will be press, and may have a chance to do one on one interviews with the both of them. If you have any questions pertaining to Evangelion, Gainax, khara, or Trigger, please post them below and I will try to have them answered.

MASAHIKO OTSUKA
President of Studio TRIGGER
Initially working in the live-action film industry, Masahiko Otsuka joined the animation industry as assistant director for Studio Ghibli's Pom Poko in 1992. He then moved on to Studio GAINAX; participating in many well acclaimed titles such as Neon Genesis Evangelion (episode director) and GURREN LAGANN (co-director). In 2011, Masahiko Otsuka and Hiroyuki Imaishi left GAINAX to establish their own animation company, Studio TRIGGER. Otsuka's most recent works include KILL la KILL and the Little Witch Academia series.

https://myanimelist.net/people/9522/Masahiko_Otsuka

YOH YOSHINARI
Chief Animator
Making his debut as chief key animator in the critically acclaimed animation series Neon Genesis Evangelion, Yoh Yoshinari has participated in many other popular titles such as GURREN LAGANN as mechanical design, and Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt as concept artist. Upon becoming a full-time staff of TRIGGER, he has produced his first full length anime, Little Witch Academia, and participated in TRIGGER’s first television series KILL la KILL as main set design.

https://myanimelist.net/people/7998/You_Yoshinari

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Request: Send me questions, I'm interviewing Masahiko Otsuka and Yoh Yoshinari

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:19 pm

They've started a Patreon, but the main reward so far seems to be live drawing session, which is extra side work and they specifically say they'll always prioritize actual animation projects first.

Why not use Patreon to instead give a behind-the-scenes look at animation production? It seems like that'll be way more interesting and not distract the staff from their main projects as much.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Re: Request: Send me questions, I'm interviewing Masahiko Otsuka and Yoh Yoshinari

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Why not use Patreon to instead give a behind-the-scenes look at animation production? It seems like that'll be way more interesting and not distract the staff from their main projects as much.

I'm not sure they would do that as they've already released something like that for the original LWA film.

@Evamonkey: Is there a deadline to submit these questions? When would you like them by?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:@Evamonkey: Is there a deadline to submit these questions? When would you like them by?

Probably by the end of the day. As far as I know, press interviews have not been scheduled. Or at least, my requests have not been acted upon, which is pretty late, given that today is day 0, badge pickup, and maybe some matsuri events. There is a Trigger press conference on Sunday, where I may also ask questions, but preferably today,

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”