Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:32 pm

I'd like the movie to end on one last reprise of Beautiful World. That'd be a nice way to cap things off. ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

C. Smith
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C. Smith » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:43 am

I have some ideas that I would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0.

* A wholly-new villain, perhaps one that has been pulling the strings off of everyone and is behind the events of not only Rebuild but the original series, including resetting the world after End of Evangelion, leading to the events of Rebuild of Evangelion. This villain I would call "real", and is an analogue to Devilman's God (Evangelion was inspired by Devilman after all). When you look at it, "Rebuild" is essentially Neon Genesis Evangelion being rebuilt from the ground up after End demolished it.
SPOILER: Show
** "real"'s reset of the world "recycles" all the people who are in the LCL Pool, making them entirely new people from their original counterparts. For those who live through the reset, such as Shinji and Asuka, their memories are altered to adjust to the "recycled" people.
** "real" is the very definition of a jerkass god, as everything that he does is because he wants to amuse himself, not caring about what happens to anyone playing his "game" (i.e. the events of Evangelion).
** Shinji rejecting the Instrumentality plays into "real"'s hands, as that means "real" can reset the "game", thus dooming humanity to repeat the events of Evangelion. The Instrumenality is essentially the equivalent of giving up and forfeiting in this context.
** As Rei Q is a soulless clone of Rei 0/Rei (Rebuild), there's gonna be a plot point where she becomes possessed by "real" as she lacks a soul, thus making him directly interact with the humans.
** "real" is summoned to the world following the Fourth Impact

* Because or "real"'s actions, there are some massive twists to the main protagonists.
SPOILER: Show
** Shinji in Rebuild is still the same Shinji as in the original series, and he remains completely unchanged appearance-wise as he did not get subject to the Instrumentality.
** Asuka in Rebuild is still the same Asuka as in the original series, only that her hair color has changed from red-orange to more brown-tinted as she reincarnated herself out of the Instrumentality before the reset by "real".
** Rei Ayanami in Rebuild is a different Rei from any of the Reis in the original series. In the original series, some time after the end of End of Evangelion, Yui Ikari (whose soul was bound to EVA Unit 01 and was the only other person besides Shinji and Asuka to live after the events of End) gives birth to the Rei Ayanami seen in Rebuild to continue humanity's existence before she dies and her soul is taken back to the LCL Pool before the reset, making Rei (Rebuild) a "natural" clone child (consider the fact that EVA Unit 01 has the same blue-silver hair as Rei). This also gives further support to Anno saying that Rei (Rebuild)'s "settei" (or "background") has been changed, and that her personality does have subtle differences to her original counterpart. This makes the other Reis being clones of that Rei.

* This one's a bit trivial but it would be appropriate if it was subtitled You Will (Not) Survive. To live up to the subtitle (just like the previous 3 films), Shinji's probably gonna have to get a Spike Spiegel-esque sendoff after the final battle.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:02 am

I'm picturing Truth in FMA-B.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "It was yourself you ran away from" - episode 16. (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

C. Smith
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C. Smith » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:42 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I'm picturing Truth in FMA-B.

It's much more dickish than Truth though. Whereas Truth only punishes those who dare transgress the laws of equivalent exchange, "real" torments the cast for his own twisted sense of amusement. OFC, being that this is Anno, there might be some twist to his character but who knows.

Shamsiel-kun
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:21 pm

The trailer turns out to be both entirely accurate and hugely misleading, as Eva Final will just be a 3 hour kaiju movie of Shinjizilla and Asukamothra duking it out in a premarital spat, with some anatomically accurate Rei-Harpies thrown in just for fun, and Mari/Unit 08 is only there to ensure the remnants of humanity do not go *splat*. There will be no end except for the vague suggestion that everything that happened before may have been a hallucination caused by some bad indigestion at a university club meeting of two SF otakus who just happen to share Shinji's and Asuka's names with some guy called "Anno" to set up a company called "Gainax". This last detail will be presented in a disorientating and very trippy sequence where the viewer dives into Asukamothra's previously eyepatched eye, which turns out not to be an eye but a vortex of light. :devil:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Blockio
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 pm

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:The trailer turns out to be both entirely accurate and hugely misleading, as Eva Final will just be a 3 hour kaiju movie of Shinjizilla and Asukamothra duking it out in a premarital spat, with some anatomically accurate Rei-Harpies thrown in just for fun, and Mari/Unit 08 is only there to ensure the remnants of humanity do not go *splat*. There will be no end except for the vague suggestion that everything that happened before may have been a hallucination caused by some bad indigestion at a university club meeting of two SF otakus who just happen to share Shinji's and Asuka's names with some guy called "Anno" to set up a company called "Gainax". This last detail will be presented in a disorientating and very trippy sequence where the viewer dives into Asukamothra's previously eyepatched eye, which turns out not to be an eye but a vortex of light. :devil:

I'd watch that
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

Return to “Evangelion Final [SPOILERS]”