Did Ireul have a core?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TraxXavier
Lilith

Did Ireul have a core?

•      
  •      

Postby TraxXavier » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Since Ireul was kind of a colony of bacteria, it did not seam to have a core. Yet it could generate an IT field.
How could that work within the NGE universe?

Is there any formulated theory on that subject?
Evangelion x Earth Final Conflict crossover FanFic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11613231/1/Deus-est-Nadia
Discussion thread: thread/17927/Deus-est-Nadia/?f=28

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Did Ireul have a core?

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 am

I thought it was similar to Lilith and the human race - a colony of One as many. Humans too each have AT Fields...So there could be an answer there. Or it could be the opposite, where Iruel is like the alien from The Thing where it's a collective that can also splinter off into individual, autonomous cells. I guess it's a biological sense of how define life/organism...Still doesn't explain the AT fields...unless there's like micro-soul fragmentation going on where each piece with Iruel's soul being broken up for each part.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 am

TraxXavier: There's no established causality between "core" and "ATF". Armisael and Lilith can generate ATFs but neither of them have a discrete core. Bardiel generates a core inside Eva-03's entry plug, which implies that prior to parasitization it did not have one. And so on.

The core is more important, generally, as a container for the S2 Engine. It creates a sealed environment for both the soul and the organ (note: the S2 may rely upon the soul to properly function). Consider that an "S2 engine" is basically a power reactor, and the number of times we get giant explosions when the core is breached might start to make sense. How does this set-up make sense when there is no core holding the S2? Can a microscopic version of the S2 engine actually work? If it were possible for it to work on that level, wouldn't it have made more sense to just make it a mitochondrion-style organelle instead of an organ in a big conspicuous crystalline ball?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TraxXavier
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby TraxXavier » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:13 am

> There's no established causality between "core" and "ATF"

Lilith is different. (not Adam based)
About Armisael I always assumed the core would be some ware inside his body, Like this thicker section on a rain worm.
About Bardiel well he infested an EVA which had a core, so he could somehow tapped into that one.

> Can a microscopic version of the S2 engine actually work?
That is the point, if it could have been distributed into many micro cores while maintaining function, it would be evolutionary not plausible to generate a prominent single point of failure.

Hence why in my mind any descendant of Adam needs a core to do the things angels do. Like generating a strong outwards facing AT-Field.

I know that complicates things when one takes Kaworu unto account, but well one issue after the other.
SEELE refers to the Adam embryo as Adam's resurrected body, which hints that whatever body Kaworu may not even be Adam based but may be Lilith based.
Evangelion x Earth Final Conflict crossover FanFic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11613231/1/Deus-est-Nadia
Discussion thread: thread/17927/Deus-est-Nadia/?f=28

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:42 am

TraxXavier: You haven't established causality between core and ATF. Being "Adam-based" or not is beside the point. You're starting with an assumption and discarding anything that doesn't fit, instead of starting with observations from the show and discarding ideas that don't fit.

>About Armisael I always assumed the core would be some ware inside his body, Like this thicker section on a rain worm.[/quote]
Where? Armisael is homogeneous along its length. The worm comparison doesn't really hold; there's no section that sticks apart from the rest.

>About Bardiel well he infested an EVA which had a core, so he could somehow tapped into that one.
Bardiel didn't use the Eva's core. As I said, it created a core within the entry plug. You can see this when they're fishing Toji out. The entry plug interior is completely red. In any case, this implies Bardiel functioned perfectly fine for some time without a core.

Even if a core is "necessary", there's the possibility that it doesn't exist in recognizable form in all Angels. In Leliel, for example, the core appears as a flat red crust beneath the ultra-thin black body (visible when Leliel cracks open). Granted, this is still recognizable, but it does mean the core is more versatile than you might think. In which case, this topic about Iruel is much ado about nothing.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”