Tim Miller's Terminator 6 (2019)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Tim Miller's Terminator 6 (2019)

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Past thread for Terminator Genisys - thread/16813/Terminator-Genisys-2015/160/

The untitled Terminator film, colloquially referred to as Terminator 6, is an upcoming American science fiction action film directed by Tim Miller with a screenplay written by Billy Ray, David S. Goyer, Justin Rhodes, and Josh Friedman. The film's story was conceived by Miller and David Ellison, with Ellison also serving as producer alongside Dana Goldberg and series co-creator James Cameron.[2] It will be the sixth installment in the Terminator and serves as a direct sequel toTerminator 2: Judgment Day, while disregarding the subsequent films as occurring in alternate timelines.[3][4] The film will star Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Diego Boneta, Natalia Reyes, Gabriel Luna and Mackenzie Davis, and will be distributed by Paramount Picturesdomestically and 20th Century Fox in other territories

Release date is November 22nd 2019...

which is set to reboot and conclude the franchise...

First official image...

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Re: Tim Miller's Terminator 6 (2019)

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:36 pm

I'm cringing at how optimistic I was in that Genisys thread. I still haven't seen Genisys but ive managed to become so jaded I almost opened this thread quoting Vegeta... "why won't you die?" :tongue:

I'm still salty Salvation didn't get a sequel...

Also this being a sequel to T2. I was curious where John Conner is and came across this in the cast list...
Jude Collie as John Connor: The son of Sarah Connor, who is destined to save humanity, years in the future, from an apocalyptic war against machines. Edward Furlong's 1991 facial-likeness will be used through the use of CGI.

So Conner will only be seen the age he was in T2? What happened to him after that?
Last edited by movieartman on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 am

I heard Cameron was going to ignore everything past Terminator 3 so he's basically doing canon course correction, the question is can he do this and make a good movie since we've already had to put up with Ridley Scott's less than savoury efforts of revisiting the Aliens universe I'd be interested to see if he can make lightning strike again or if like Ridley he gets lost in convoluted details and blow his load.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3513241/women-terminator-revealed-first-look-linda-hamiltons-sarah-connor/

Also I will be really fascinated to see how Cameron handles his female characters since he took a crack at the Wonder Woman movie so lets see if he can put his money where his mouth is and do better.

Cameron sparked a controversy in August after giving an interview in which he called Wonder Woman "a step backwards" and said the character, played by Gal Gadot, was "an objectified icon." He pointed to Linda Hamilton's Terminator character Sarah Connor as what a female action protagonist could be ("Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon,") he said.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/james-cameron-doubles-down-wonder-woman-critique-details-avatar-sequels-1043026
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:49 am

"The first commercially successful female superhero in a film directed by a woman with an all star cast of actresses wasn't as good as I, a man, could make it"

What is Cameron's involvement with this movie again? Writing? Directing? Cameron makes good movies but they always have dead simple stories, I wouldn't worry about getting lost in confusing, over-underdeveloped lore that has no depth beyond trashing someone else playing with his toys.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:08 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:"The first commercially successful female superhero in a film directed by a woman with an all star cast of actresses wasn't as good as I, a man, could make it"

This was why I loved patty's reply to him because she's so on point in that women in film should be about every kind of women not a corner group or trope but a well written character who has flaws.

Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins responded with a statement in which she ripped Cameron, saying "James Cameron's inability to understand what Wonder Woman is, or stands for, to women all over the world is unsurprising as, though he is a great filmmaker, he is not a woman ... I believe women can and should be EVERYTHING just like male lead characters should be. There is no right and wrong kind of powerful woman."

Also Cameron's little female photo shoot does not inspire my confidence at all one looks like its to the fill diversity tick box the other could be the mean lesbain trope and older Sarah Connor just doesn't scream hard ass to me...but hey this film could prove me wrong.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Film and Video”