Steven Universe general

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Steven Universe general

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:49 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I do hope that is the simple answer as to why they have released such an underwhelming amount of content over the past year.

The Crewniverse has stated numerous times that airing SU episodes = mercy of Cartoon Network...My understanding is this is all CN's scheduling (or lackthereof, in this case). They gotta air nothing but Teen Titans Go! since the kids eat that show up :tongue: To be fair, it's hilarious from what I've seen, but nearly nothing but that and Gumball on their schedule, day after day? Ugh.

In case I didn't mention it in an earlier post, the Ruby Rider song was recorded back in September 2017 while the episode didn't air until the start of July, so....yeah. We already have (assumed) episode title leaks for the next 3 episodes if you check out r/SUleaks (obviously spoiler-heavy), but shit definitely sucks :uhh:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Wait, has the next episode (after 'reunited') aired? If not, is there a release date?

One of the SU articles on gizmodo basically spoiled the overarching plot of the next few episodes without mentioning that there would be spoilers in the article so I'm pretty pissed. I would've been fine with just "SU movie coming out soon".
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Yep, "Legs From Here to Homeworld" (which is after "Reunited") is up on the Cartoon Network app as of yesterday. It aired at SDCC this week so it's pretty nice how they posted it so quickly. I haven't heard anything about it airing on TV eventually, though.

I hate how there's no consideration for keeping fans spoiler-free these days, with how social media and clickbait articles do. It's pretty shitty. (Speaking of, I RTed a spoiler fanart on Twitter since my TL devours the new episodes almost immediately, so tread carefully :sweatdrop: )

Edit: Speaking of, I think fans have already theorized to heck and back (like, months ago) about these uber spoilers, but whoa :jawdrop: The Japanese tweet reads something like "I just don't know anymore". (lol)

Related to the latest episode!!  SPOILER: Show

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Holy crap. Just watched "legs from here to homeworld" and it's getting bonkers. This would be the perfect time to announce another protracted hiatus to devastate the maximum number of fans.

@SSD: Holy crap that twitter post.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Right?? Also: I'm sure the devastation is just around the corner :lol:

Return to “Film and Video”