Some notes & thoughts...
- This shot reminded me of the pre 2014 Godzilla Encounter.
- Rodan appears to be following a flying wing aircraft. It's also visible when Ghidorah spreads his wings.
Presumably this is what Fermiga & Dance's characters are operating put of to lure the monsters around.
- Pleased to see fighter jets being used in multiple scenes, one of my complaints against the 2014 film was not showing us much military vs monster combat.
- Appreciate that while this is more colorful & majestic, It maintains much of the style, scale & feel of what Gareth Edwards set up.
Ghidorah's silhouette for example looks just like several shots of Godzilla amid smoke & haze in the trailers & the 2014 film.
- After how wonderful this looks I question the decision to not have Michael Dougherty do both this & Vs Kong.
- Really hope if both of these films are received well Toho will allow WB/Legendary to renew their Godzilla license to do more films regardless of Toho's own Kajiu cinematic universe plans.