Project EVA - RPG Maker XP

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stealth Yoshi
Embryo

Project EVA - RPG Maker XP

•      
  •      

Postby Stealth Yoshi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:16 pm

I've been entertaining the thought of making a full-fledged EVA based RPG using RPG Maker XP lately. I can imagine how awesome it would be if it was done properly, and I do have some experience from the old days of Don Miguel and RPG Maker 2000 making my own discontinued Super Smash Bros-like game, a couple very short parody ones and attempting (and dropping for technical reasons) a Dragonball one.

I've been wanting to make something like a game with all EVA characters but in a more-or-less hybrid world and/or storyline. Maybe a whole new world and storyline altogether. I haven't thought out all my intentions yet but one massive roadblock will be graphical resources. I can do facesets and battle images farily easily and I have access to all the music and sound fx I could ever want, but the charsets (character overworld sprites, manily walking) would be a big issue as I have very little experience making those from scratch (the ones from Fox's Adventure turned out looking like crap) and am not having much luck searching google for resources that work in RMXP.

Anyone here know of some good RMXP-format pre-made sprites for EVA characters? Better yet, anyone skilled in making them?

If this thing takes off I would definately share this project with the community here and release the betas as I progress for beta testing and advice/input, all I would need to do it set up a torrent or something.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:10 pm

I played around with RM2K a whole lot some years back, only I really like to keep my charsets looking like FFVI.

Oh, and even looking this simple it still took me years to complete this project.

I'm sure somebody's already made Eva-sprites tho. My drawing skills are more along the lines of what you see in image #2 up there, not very anime. Just showing off a bit really :) But I'll lend a hand if you need one.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Will fem-Kaworu be the final battle in the RPG?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:22 am

Evangelion RPG = Fail (without dating sim elements, that is)
Evageeks RPG = Win (without dating sim elements, that is)
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:13 pm

The Bastard King wrote:Evangelion RPG = Fail (without dating sim elements, that is)
Evageeks RPG = Win (without dating sim elements, that is)

I dissagree there has been somthing like it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhJsByT1QAs
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:20 pm

LOL!
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

Stealth Yoshi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Stealth Yoshi » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:38 am

haha, now I can't decide whether I would make the game a more serious one or a more lighthearted one, or maybe even a parody :lol:

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Project EVA - RPG Maker XP

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:40 pm

I would really a game like this uggh

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Project EVA - RPG Maker XP

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 pm

I feel like Evangelion games in general are very hit or miss. Something lighthearted and action arc-ish would probably work for me (especially if it includes characters other than the main three, preferrably extracanon ones too), but I don't think there is a common denominator here
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”