[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ZQFMGB
Adam

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:51 pm

It's away! Soon, the Mark 06 will sit on my desk... :nyao:
Also, I'm curious, how good are the Banpresto figures ? From what I've seen, they look like cheap versions of RD (which they probably are), and their Mark 06... well, it's like one of those chinese bootlegs that even the advertising can't make look good.
However, their Units 00,01 and 02 looks okay, and apparently Yui-sama has a mouth articulation, which IMO is something way more practical than an alternate head.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:46 pm

So we're getting two new Eva-01 figures.

The first is an action figure by Medicom Toys, in their MAFEX lineup. Looks to be very nicely articulated and well sculpted, 190mm tall. Maybe this line will actually be fully populated by all the designs for once :P
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10545381

The other is a static figure from Kaiyodo sculpted by the legendary Akira Tani, being the first entry in his Mechanics Archive line(which should be fucking amazing)
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10546235

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Whoa, the Medicom one looks absolutely sweet. And for once, it's actually affordable!

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:Maybe this line will actually be fully populated by all the designs for once :P

Define what you mean by "all the designs".
Unit 00/01/02/03/06/08/09/13 maybe
04/05/09 Adam probably not. Let alone Mark.04's
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:42 am

They look nice ! Maybe I'll pick the Medicom one, the accessories are cool and... is that a mouth articulation ?! :w00t:
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:39 pm

mafex looks like they bought bandai model and sculpt, its basically the same figurewith better extras, kinda like bandai s heroines like that have a figma like sculpt and joints
nvm: the joints are very diferent on the arms,i just looked mine, i hope they fixed the tight gap from bandai version
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:09 Adam probably not. Let alone Mark.04's

I'm this close of making customs of those and Awakened Unit 13 :emogendo:

Why so much hate for those Evas?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:I'm this close of making customs of those and Awakened Unit 13 :emogendo:

Why so much hate for those Evas?

Post pics as soon as they are finished, or else

Yeah, I dont get it either... will definitely buy Revo Eva 13 at least twice (if not three times to repaint into the brief moment of semi-awakened form)... but I am kinda afraid of the Mark.09 Adam head :'D
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:00 am

Something definitely did no expect, a VLOCKer's Eva-01 kit from VOLKS

Main VLOCKer's pages:
https://www.volks.co.jp/jp/vlockers/index.html/

As you can see it's basically like Frame Arms and Frame Arms Girls that Kotobukiya does, but the mecha and girl kits are compatible instead of being separate.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 am

Am I the only one that absolutely despises when they put high heels on Evas? :huh:

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:12 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Am I the only one that absolutely despises when they put high heels on Evas? :huh:

Nope. I dont like it that much either, and if Discord convos are anything to go by, Reichu bacomes Rage-chu when she sees it (I'll see myself out for that pun)
Although I do like the design of Type Beta, despite the high heels

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Fact: High heels are the pinnacle of mecha design.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Every time I see heels I think of this:

They look horrible, I like my Evas heels-free

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 pm

That redesign is hideous.

The high heels are at least "cowboy boot" style, and thus the only actually functional kind of high heel I'm aware of. But unless Eva-01 needs to secure her feet in a pair of stirrups -- pretty safe bet that the answer is "no" -- those heels have absolutely no reason to be there.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:14 pm

^

Unless Unit 01 has to ride Unit 02 in beast mode. :emogendo:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm

The heels give a jarringly effete air to the Eva, in my mind.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:46 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Am I the only one that absolutely despises when they put high heels on Evas? :huh:

No you're not, IMO it's not very compatible with the menacing feeling that Evas are supposed to have (sorry toy designers, but I can't decently associate a big monster who rips apart and eat Lovecraftian beings and sometimes causes apocalypse with high heels).
Hey, maybe that's why Evas went berserk through the whole series, they totally didn't cared about the pilots and were just angry because of their figures with high heels. :w00t:

Oh, and I've got a question for veterans. My Revoltech Mark 06 finally arrived, and it's perfectly fine except for two things.
First, the belly rubber piece looks like it's popped out, it looks weird and doesn't fit into the place it's supposed to. I suspect it happenned when I had to remove all those stupid plastic things stuck in the Eva for whatever reason. I'll try to post a picture to make it more clear later.
And second, the torso joint simply doesn't move, which is problematic for posing the figure (duh).

So, did anyone here had the same problems and know how to fix them ?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:41 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:^
Unless Unit 01 has to ride Unit 02 in beast mode. :emogendo:

Dude... :um:

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:No you're not, IMO it's not very compatible with the menacing feeling that Evas are supposed to have

Besides that: what good is a robot that will break its ankles when trying to run?
I'm telling you, the Sahaquiel battle would have been over in 16 seconds...

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:Oh, and I've got a question for veterans. My Revoltech Mark 06 finally arrived, and it's perfectly fine except for two things.
First, the belly rubber piece looks like it's popped out, it looks weird and doesn't fit into the place it's supposed to. I suspect it happenned when I had to remove all those stupid plastic things stuck in the Eva for whatever reason. I'll try to post a picture to make it more clear later.
And second, the torso joint simply doesn't move, which is problematic for posing the figure

You can try separating all the sections of the torso and then re-assembling them in their place...
As for the stiff torso... What section? The chest-abs joint or the abs-hips joint? Is the stiffness a by-product of the sections being out of place?

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Yeah, I can imagine the Sahaquiel battle with high heels, especially with the "Destiny" track.
DUN DUUUUUN DUN DUN DU* *Evas falls miserably*
In fact, pretty much all battles would've being disastrous (or even more disastrous) with high heels.

After several re-assemblings I managed to kinda fix the first issue. Still not perfect, but it doesn't look awful like before.
As for the joint, it's the chest-abs section and it doesn't look like the sections are out of place, so I think it's a by-product.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:31 pm

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:And second, the torso joint simply doesn't move, which is problematic for posing the figure (duh).

Something that I had a couple of times was that the joint was slightly offcenter, and you are then (unintentionally) trying to move it in a direction its not supposed to be moved

Zafion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zafion » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:02 am

Hi guys! I just registered and love all the info you post here! I got a question for you since I'm a noob on Evangelion merchandising;

Just bought this figure in Tokyo:

Looks like it's a Sega prize from crane machines released this month, my question is if anyone knows if this is just a single figure or it's from an specific figure line, with future releases of other characters, etc.

Thank you so much in advance :)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”