Wearable plug suits?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Rahaquiel-2D1S
Tunniel
Tunniel

Wearable plug suits?

•      
  •      

Postby Rahaquiel-2D1S » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:44 am

I heard about plug suits you can wear IRL. Where can you buy them if there is such thing?
Haunted dolls? If Rozen Maiden ever taught us anything it would be to look under it's dress.

<No animated GIF in sig, please. -Admin>

badc0de
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby badc0de » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:13 am

The only site I know atm where you could buy (Rei & Asuka) plugsuits is this:
http://www.cosmates.jp/shop/product_info/1795.html (Rei)
http://www.cosmates.jp/shop/product_info/1793.html (Asuka)
I don't know, if there's another place, where you could buy complete plugsuits, especially the boys-versions. :?

Damn, I want a Kaworu-plutsuit, even if somebody has to paint it with liquid latex on my bare skin! XD

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:17 am

I've seen a real life plugsuit before. The wearer had dyed her hair to blue so as to look like Rei. But I think you'd better not think of wearing it till you're as slim as the characters in the series, and as tall as them.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:23 am

As slim as them? I don't think that'd be very healthy.

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:28 am

But if you wear the plug suit and you're not as slim as them you'll look like Asuka in the D type (was it D?) equipment... Kaji won't want to see it...
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:34 am

But if you wear the plug suit and you're not as slim as them you'll look like Asuka in the D type (was it D?) equipment... Kaji won't want to see it...

Asuka makes Kate Moss look huge.

Incase you don't get that reference... Let's just say I've seen pencils thicker than Asuka.

Being that thin requires you shedding more fat than you can. Though, I'm sure that crazy Jimmy-Jamma guy above me just means being thin as in... Not overweight.

Of course, such restrictions aren't usually placed on people.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:41 pm

Unless you have about a thousand clams to throw away on crafting something that both fits at least somewhat flatteringly, looks cool, and doesn't feel like one of those Bally's Total Fitness plastic sweatsuits inside, you really have no need of a plugsuit. The world really has no need of you having a plugsuit.

Why couldnt's the kids have just piloted in shorts and a T-shirt?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:42 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:Why couldn's the kids have just piloted in shorts and a T-shirt?

Or the even cheaper outfits they used in episode 12 :twisted:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:44 pm

Before you try putting on a plug suit remember that spandex is a privilege not a right.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:10 am

anyone knows about kaworu plugsuits? man I want one, my hair is completely similar right now, (well except for the silver color)
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:59 am

For $1000, those suits look like garbage. Especially when there are fanboys making their Spider-Man costumes like this one for a lot less than that.

It's made out of wetsuit material, and I have a feeling that a halfway decent plugsuit would be made out of the same stuff (with the plates and stuff sculpted out of plastic or latex). Neoprin (the wetsuit stuff) has a good ammount of stretch to it, which is why it's much more form fitting.

badc0de
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby badc0de » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:05 am

Six Winged Angel wrote:anyone knows about kaworu plugsuits? man I want one, my hair is completely similar right now, (well except for the silver color)

Oh, you also want a Kaworu PS? :D
Well, but first I have to lost another 15-20kg of weight. Otherwise the result would have similarity with Asukas "special PS" in "Magmadiver" ;)
But yesterday morning I was semi-somnolently thinking about how I could "build" my own PS.
Here's a short description: Put on a spandex suit or something like that, than using shaped styrofoam (or what ever...) for the contours (the ring around the wrist, near the upper arms/shoulders, in front of the chest (boys-version), ...) and then somebody paints colored liquid latex over everything for fixation. Well the last step would take some hours :?
Everybody wo doesn't like latex or is allergic to latex might as well use something different... use your fantasy ^^
I don't know if that will work and look "right".
Maybe I should talk shop again with the one fellow student about the processibility of liquid latex. :twisted:
One problem might also be if you have to go to the toilet. If you don't want a zipper there you have to peel your self out of the PS everytime you have to go to the toilett. :?
I've discussed that yesterday already in a German NGE-Board and someone mentioned that I shouldn't use latex, because it doesn't looks good if the plugsuit is "extremely shiny".
Ok, in the time I lost this unnecessary weight, I could think further over this problems. :twisted:
The materials costs about 65€ or ~82$ (Spandex suit+1l of blue liquid latex+black mixing color (for the darker parts)+white mixing color (for the palms)+0,25l of red l.l.)

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:14 am

that sounds....difficult, but if you succeed, won't hesitate giving it a try sometime and make
Greece's first handmade evangelion costume! :D (i'm on the ideal weight too fortunately)
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:53 am

be careful what you wish for..

[URL=http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shinjisuitbn6.jpg]Image[/URL]
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:27 am

ahahahaa he even have the drop lol

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:51 pm

Well I made my own personal plugsuit, for my own evangelion
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Lurking2018
Embryo

Re: Wearable plug suits?

•      
  •      

Postby Lurking2018 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:35 pm

The easiest way to cosplay one of the characters would be to wear a pair of tights and jacket here are some examples:

https://artfiles.alphacoders.com/889/88907.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121118021215/evangelion/images/0/0c/3.0_Asuka.png

I have heard that movie costume designers look at motor cross gear to get ideas for armor.

One idea is to come up with a costume made up of protective equipment from such activities as football, archery and fencing then do the decoration and detail work.

If you were the engineer at NERV and was assigned the task of designing a plugsuit what features would it have?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”