Darling in the Franxx (Studio Trigger)

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Darling in the Franxx (Studio Trigger)

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:21 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Gigguk on Darling in the FranXX
SPOILER: Show
It was Hideaki Anno all the time!!!
(That was actually 3.0+1.0...)

This cracked me up :lol:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 pm

A few thoughts a week on -- it really was the (lack of an) editor what done it; almost like each episode came from a slightly different parallel universe's version of the series. Once again, the final episode has the same extreme attachment to inconsequential detail as before, this time with the Mistleteinn cat making a cameo to show that it survived all the excitement, just in case people were worried about what had become of it. Meanwhile, the surprise attack via warpgate launched the previous episode has turned into a two year cruise to the real destination and is no longer any sort of surprise.

Related : anon's historical record of interpreting the show.

Added -- Apparently episode 24 had a less than 60% favourable rating on nicovideo, whereas previous low points were in the mid-70%s.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL
Avatar: Etoh Mei (b. 9-May-2018)

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:38 am

Just watched 24. Don't have much to say.
I liked what they did with the mechs.
It was actually kinda a nice episode, but only if you block out all the problematic messages.
Like further glorification of teenage pregnancy. Or the fact that Goro kisses Ichigo knowing the feelings aren't mutual (and this being succesful in starting a healthy relationship somehow). Goro was the good boi. That was out of character. It gets played as "so kawaii" but it wasn't (Ichigo's face was funny though).

Didn't care about Hiro or Zero Two, as characters who only exist within a romance aren't like people. They wrote them to not care about the context at all, and romance exists within a context.
A romance that is "I only care about you and nothing else, and nothing can stop that" isn't a story, it's autoconclusive. They didn't even care
about death. I felt a lil something at the last sequences, but only because passage of time always gets me. It was kinda nice. That doesn't mean it was amazing though.

Really don't think this show came together. Even the characters morph from one thing to another.
At one point the show was (seemingly) about the complications of relationships, and it looked like it was gonna go deeper into that, but the characters just stop caring.
Well Goro didn't stop caring amirite

robersora:
But Trigger always seemed like the balls to the walls rock'n'roll rebels, when in fact, they actually aren't.

I don't think this show is a good representation of what Trigger is, and at the end each artist has their own views. Nishigori made this show, he isn't even that much with Trigger afaik.

lol, after our scathing reviews in this thread, this post comedic timing is on point.

It is lol.
I expected bad/mixed reception to Franxx 24, but I was thinking more of Promare at that point.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:05 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Or the fact that Goro kisses Ichigo knowing the feelings aren't mutual (and this being succesful in starting a healthy relationship somehow).

...so if it's unrequited, that fact can never and should never change? This isn't the middle of the series with any kind of status quo to be upheld.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:19 am

I don't think unrequited love changes by randomly kissing the person who rejected your advances.
There was no indcation by Ichigo that her feelings had changed.
It was just a silly escapism cutesy scene that had nothing to do with all the time dedicated to that subplot before.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher

amitakartok
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:36 am

Again: why do you think it's impossible for her to ever change her mind about him? Just because we're not told she did, only shown? Years have gone by, a lot have happened in the meantime we're not told about due to screentime constraints.

I don't want to sound obstinate, I just honestly don't understand your train of thought. It's as if you think the characters exist in a stasis, never allowed to change.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Chapter 32 now up.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:32 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Again: why do you think it's impossible for her to ever change her mind about him? Just because we're not told she did, only shown? Years have gone by, a lot have happened in the meantime we're not told about due to screentime constraints.

I think what kuribo-04 is getting at is in the final episode we really don't have a real scene with Ichigo and Goro that show that real change of heart from Ichigo's side so in the time skips you never quite feel that their connection is genuine. Its not that they end up together so much its that the creators just did it half heartedly.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:49 am

I'm talking about the kiss scene specifically. At that point no time has passed, no change has occurred yet. He just kisses her.
Yes, later more time passes, but what is relevant is what is shown. And what is shown is that he disrespects her.
If somebody just kissed me it would make me feel uncomfortable.
I dunno, it's just weird that every relationship in this show has some unhealthy element to it but that isn't acknowledged by the show or characters.

Return to “Anime and Manga”