Anno's Animator Expo

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Anno's Animator Expo

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:40 pm

ME!ME!ME! books is pretty great. It's lewd as fuck, just like the short, but still great. Interviews are in english! They're short but still in english. Also the layout of the book is wonderfully useful to show the process. While the previous books has different sections from all the steps, this one actually has all the steps for every cut put together, from the storyboard, layout, genga and whatever fixes, all the way to final look of the cut. Full credit is also given on a per-cut basis.

I also did finally get the Cassette Girl book and it's also great. Much long interviews but not english. Lots of lovely Koyama Shigeto designs and artwork. It also definitively confirms the identity of the person in the tube at the end

Screencap of the final scene  SPOILER: Show

The scenario and storyboards refer to the person as wearing a red and silver windbreaker, so yeah, definitely Ultraman Anno.

Pics from the book  SPOILER: Show

Lastly, as these 4 books are out, the only book left out of the initially promised ones is Kazuya Tsurumaki x Sushio “I can Friday by day!", which should also be fantastic.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:21 am

I also own both you talked about and they are very well designed, with lots of attention to detail.
Unless Me!Me!Me! made you uncomfortable, it's a really great depictiin of the production process. I was surprised to see the Eva figures that appear in it weren't planned to be Eva figs from the start.

I totally missed that were 5 specific releases planned, and I will totally need to get the Fiday by day one whenever that comes out! Could be quite a while judging by how they have been releasing.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:33 am

Time flies.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:22 am

Well this is no fun :(

I was hoping the site would stay up permanently as a testament to how awesome the expo was. Guess it's time to scrape it just in case.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:34 pm

All that material needs to be dumped somewhere. I'll do it myself but I don't know how. :sniffle:

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:46 am

One of the Moyoco Anno shorts is on her channel!

https://youtu.be/PbX6WmC9bho
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:21 pm

Currently browsing the site through waybackmachine. Strong nostalgia.
https://web.archive.org/web/20151023055653/http://animatorexpo.com/titlelist/

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I agree. I like Saito's KlK drawings more than his own character designs.
Aaaaand after criticizing him, here's a drawing he made:

It's weird goimg back to your old posts and disagreeing lol.
I think those designs are more than fine.

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”