Fading In To The Stolen Light (Divine Light Series)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Fading In To The Stolen Light (Divine Light Series)

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:29 pm

First update in ages as the sequel will be dropping down ether this year or next so here is the first promo art.

Elemental Lover  SPOILER: Show
Image Because though Rei never saw Asuka in the were tiger form in Fading this changes in the sequal
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Nice! I said it on the DeviantArt page, but I'll say it again--Rei looks pretty chill considering she's got a giant were-tiger licking her face.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm

I've updated both A03 and ff.net with a cleaner smoother beta read version of Fading In To The Stolen Light. Fixes include grammar layout and Asuka's German in places. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:50 am

Sequel posted.

As The Divine Light Breaks

Can you hear it coming? Can you feel the echoes of long lost pain as the bright stars of blue and red burn in to the night and throw out there ever lasting and eternal flames? Sound the drums and smash the night and pray the fallen destroyer of worlds does not return to breach the everlasting light.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13521365/1/As-The-Divine-Light-Breaks FNN

https://archiveofourown.org/works/23129515/chapters/55346557 A03

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:06 pm

The sequel has arrived! Hooray!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:15 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:The sequel has arrived! Hooray!

Sorry for the long wait I know I said around late 2019 but I felt that might cause a rush job hence the shift to early 2020 when two-thirds was fully written and I could work on the last third over 2020 while the complete chapters come out slowly and smoothly. ^_^

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:52 am

Okay so sequel is nearly finished 5 chapters to finish making it 77 chapters long 7 longer than book one.

Currently, 14 chapters are posted once all are posted I'll do fanart for the story as I want to revisit 00, 02, 04 again since I have better drawing software. Along with the other units and the Archangels, Hybrids and some of other stuff which I won't spoil. ^_^

SPOILER: Show

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:02 am

I love how the story is shaping up so far, and I can't wait to read the whole thing!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:42 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I love how the story is shaping up so far, and I can't wait to read the whole thing!

Thank you glad you're enjoying it ^_^

I have 3 chapters left to write so it's super close to being finished which surprises me as I thought with Covid-19 I would maybe not complete this and there was a part of the story I really stalled on writing because though I'd had it in note form before Covid-19 came along I was really uncertain about writing it
SPOILER: Show
but realized it was fine since it leans more towards Shin Godzilla and Lovecraft vibes and not the Black Death or plague.
So this story kind of feels like it's been a bit of a roller coaster, but I always knew it would be much harder than any others of the works I've written.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:10 pm

Does that mean we'll get to read the whole thing soon?

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Does that mean we'll get to read the whole thing soon?

Once it finished I will try to get chapters out faster though not all at once, I'm not in to that ^_^

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Okay one chapter to go and this is finished just a case of editing and posting the remainder. ^_^

EDIT (Story complete) 18/12/2020 ^_^

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:32 pm

Still in the early chapters, but this looks like a very impressive and rather different take on Evangelion. Rei being a green-eyed, dark-haired sister to Shinji - like Yui Ichijo from the old Evangelion proposal - makes for a very different dynamic!

And I love the idea of Asuka having a tortoiseshell kitty! :asuka_happy: :kittyspin:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:32 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Still in the early chapters, but this looks like a very impressive and rather different take on Evangelion. Rei being a green-eyed, dark-haired sister to Shinji - like Yui Ichijo from the old Evangelion proposal - makes for a very different dynamic!

And I love the idea of Asuka having a tortoiseshell kitty! :asuka_happy: :kittyspin:

Thank you a lot of people who read this tell me they love Erika. ^_^

Hey nice spot as the Yui Ichijo sketches and fan manga Saisho no Evangelion or parallel love story was used as research before I wrote the first book, It was also to give Rei this annoying dilemma where she looks like Yui and gets her mothers old admires unwanted attention at times.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:17 am

Still going slow through this fic. Bardiel is a psychopath and a creep of the worst kind. Chapter 8 and the activation berserk incident and the dream images/memories were extremely creepy, this fic is really taking things a whole new way for all the pilots.

I'm very impressed. Can't wait to see what the later chapters are like! :asuka_happy:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:31 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Still going slow through this fic. Bardiel is a psychopath and a creep of the worst kind. Chapter 8 and the activation berserk incident and the dream images/memories were extremely creepy, this fic is really taking things a whole new way for all the pilots.

I admit though Bardiel is an asshole he was extremely fun to write as he's so unfiltered and creepy. :mari_nya:

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:37 am

Unfiltered and creepy is right. Ugh.

And more of Erika! :kittyspin:

And Ritsuko is really nasty this time around.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:27 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:And Ritsuko is really nasty this time around.

I was fascinated to write what she'd be like if she got her one wish which is equal standing with Gendo.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun May 23, 2021 7:47 am

New art 2021.

God In Chains  SPOILER: Show

Unit 02 under the hood  SPOILER: Show

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:08 pm

High Heaven  SPOILER: Show

Low Hell  SPOILER: Show

Return to “Fanfiction”