Anyone ever see these? I can't find any information on them. They're unopened

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Roach2791
Embryo

Anyone ever see these? I can't find any information on them. They're unopened

•      
  •      

Postby Roach2791 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:12 pm

https://m.imgur.com/TEkbvax

I figured I'd try here if Reddit couldn't help me. They did try but, no one's ever seen them. :???:

Roach2791
Embryo

Re: Anyone ever see these? I can't find any information on them. They're unopened

•      
  •      

Postby Roach2791 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Furthermore: VHS's marked " For Screening Purpose Only".

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Anyone ever see these? I can't find any information on them. They're unopened

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun May 27, 2018 7:48 am

Maybe it’s a copy specifically made for conventions or large anime gatherings? Things like that probably would have gained more attention from US anime distributors at around that time. (Manga Ent. released the films in 2001, i think.)

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Sun May 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Holy shit dude, you may have hit gold. VHS Evangelion releases are already pretty hard to find, and any US release of End of Eva is super difficult to get your hands on unless you use eBay, but Jesus Christ those are beautiful. No doubt a hidden gem in any collector's eyes, especially since they're clearly official but no one has ever heard of them. I highly, HIGHLY recommend you hold on to them at least. Opening them and seeing if there are any differences between them and retail releases is your call, but I absolutely think you should keep those fuckers near and dear.
Think we could get any pictures of the sides, tops, and backs? It would be neat to see if there are any differences in packaging as well. Ideally, you could use a scanner to get a super clear image.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun May 27, 2018 7:30 pm

View Original PostRoach2791 wrote:https://m.imgur.com/TEkbvax

I figured I'd try here if Reddit couldn't help me. They did try but, no one's ever seen them. :???:

What do you mean nobody could help you? They're screeners. They get sent to fan conventions for screenings or to press for review. There's no way of knowing how much they're worth.

What more were you looking for?

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:52 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:What more were you looking for?

New posters who don't post any more messages than "What are these?" with the implication of "(What are they worth?)" always prefer to hear "They are worth a bazillion dollars, the blood of the buyer's newborn child, and two dozen experienced virgins in heaven." as an answer.

The realistic answer, of course, is to put them on Ebay with a low starting price and advertise the auction on a few places. But we aren't here for realistic answers, are we? :wink:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”