Anyone else feel dislike towards EoE nowadays?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ZQFMGB
Embryo

Re: Anyone else feel dislike towards EoE nowadays?

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 am

Well, I feel a bit salty about the ending and Shinji don't getting in the fucking robot when he can, but I still think it's a great Eva movie (after all, Evangelion isn't supposed to make me feel comfortable). So, subjectively, yes, I feel dislike towards some elements of EoE.

Amitch91
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Amitch91 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:56 am

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:Well, I feel a bit salty about the ending and Shinji don't getting in the fucking robot when he can, but I still think it's a great Eva movie (after all, Evangelion isn't supposed to make me feel comfortable). So, subjectively, yes, I feel dislike towards some elements of EoE.

Agreed in terms of the ending, because it isn't a conclusive ending (meaning that we are unsure of what happens after Shinji and Asuka re materialise) but, i like that, i like that i can have my own theories on what happens after, so, in all, a slight bit of dislike towards the ending, but thats all

fnikhall
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fnikhall » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:48 am

Honestly I've always been partial to the TV ending. Maybe it was because I saw it first, I don't know, but I really felt more of a message come through that ending than EoE. EoE seemed to just jam everything explainable in the last half and it seemed too condensed imo. I liked the pacing of the TV ending better and I felt like it conveyed its message better. Having said that, I still love EoE too. It's all sorts of crazy, but in a good way. And all of the animation is fantastic and fluid and it is more entertaining to watch than the TV ending. So I like both for different reasons but if I had to choose one I would choose TV over EoE.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”