[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Noahwarm
Embryo
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 04, 2018
Gender: Male

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Noahwarm » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:41 am

I have two soul of chogokins if anyones interested Eva 00 (blue) and Eva 04

Blockio
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Age: 19
Posts: 407
Joined: Dec 03, 2017
Location: the Land of NERV's third branch
Gender: Male

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:43 am

From what I have gathered, there are two versions of Revoltechs #032 and #033, main differences being size, and some minor color differences.
Does anybody know if the versions with the black shoulder joints are the bigger or smaller ones compared to the purple/yellow shoulder joints?

EDIT: Pics should make it easier to understand what I mean
#032/Unit 01  SPOILER: Show
Image
vs
Image

#033/Unit 00  SPOILER: Show
Image
vs
Image
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

SEELE-01
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 1646
Joined: Dec 30, 2009
Location: Guess...
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:From what I have gathered, there are two versions of Revoltechs #032 and #033, main differences being size, and some minor color differences.
Does anybody know if the versions with the black shoulder joints are the bigger or smaller ones compared to the purple/yellow shoulder joints?


They were from a short-lived sub-line called Revoltech mini... They only ever made those two and Eva 04...
Indeed the main difference is size (the minis are about 5cm shorter) and they come with small variations in paint made to fit the smaller figure's frame...
The regular sized ones will always have the black joints in the shoulders, the smaller ones use Eva-colored shoulder joints...
AVATAR: Remaining active time: 00:00

Visit my blog & Tumblr

Blockio
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Age: 19
Posts: 407
Joined: Dec 03, 2017
Location: the Land of NERV's third branch
Gender: Male

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Blockio » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:00 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:They were from a short-lived sub-line called Revoltech mini... They only ever made those two and Eva 04...
Indeed the main difference is size (the minis are about 5cm shorter) and they come with small variations in paint made to fit the smaller figure's frame...
The regular sized ones will always have the black joints in the shoulders, the smaller ones use Eva-colored shoulder joints...

Thank you very much. (to be honest, I will probably still get both eventually, simply because the minis seem to be in scale with the NGE/EoE figures)

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:They only ever made those two and Eva 04...

Ooh, so thats what the Unit 04 on the pixel mess below is... thanks, I didnt know that! (I really have to look into how to get this one, I love Unit 04
Image
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

SEELE-01
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 1646
Joined: Dec 30, 2009
Location: Guess...
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:35 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Thank you very much. (to be honest, I will probably still get both eventually, simply because the minis seem to be in scale with the NGE/EoE figures)


Um... Not really... The EoE Eva 02 an MP Evas are about the same size as the regular Evas...

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Ooh, so thats what the Unit 04 on the pixel mess below is... thanks, I didnt know that! (I really have to look into how to get this one, I love Unit 04
Image


Um... No, again... Those are regular size too... It's a limited edition from around the years of 1.0... It is in fact just a repaint of the NGE Eva 04, you can see it in the lower torso of the pixel mess below:
Image
As you can see it has the 2 part torso of the NGE figures, unlike the segmented torso of Eva 01, that is a repaint of the first NME Eva 01...

The Eva 04 mini has a segmented torso and comes with fewer hands, the riot shield and a simple, square base:
Image
AVATAR: Remaining active time: 00:00

Visit my blog & Tumblr

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu
User avatar
Posts: 3134
Joined: Nov 08, 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:06 pm

ANIMA Final Eva official pics and pre-orders are up:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10527405
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blockio
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Age: 19
Posts: 407
Joined: Dec 03, 2017
Location: the Land of NERV's third branch
Gender: Male

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Blockio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:04 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:ANIMA Final Eva official pics and pre-orders are up:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10527405

My god it looks gorgeous
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

SEELE-01
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 1646
Joined: Dec 30, 2009
Location: Guess...
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:14 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:My god it looks gorgeous


Yes, yes it does...
But...
6000 yen!? Holy sh*t!
I figured it was going to be a tad more expensive (given that for once, nothing was recycled from other figures)... But 6000 :cringe:

Anyways... It will be my birthday present for me :tongue:
AVATAR: Remaining active time: 00:00

Visit my blog & Tumblr

ArvisTaljik
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 62
Joined: Sep 16, 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby ArvisTaljik » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:ANIMA Final Eva official pics and pre-orders are up:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10527405


Just placed my pre-order. Too awesome looking a model to pass up. :D
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

Rei IV
Lilin
Lilin
Posts: 1988
Joined: Dec 04, 2012

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Rei IV » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:46 am

I'm not too familiar with Anima but damn, does that Eva look sexy.

:w00t:

ArvisTaljik
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 62
Joined: Sep 16, 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby ArvisTaljik » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:56 am

I went ahead and bought the art book on Amazon for $37 because, why not? lol
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/4048685260

Here's hoping that Kaiyodo decides to do a few other of the ANIMA Eva units as figs as well, because I would definitely be down for that. :D
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu
User avatar
Posts: 3134
Joined: Nov 08, 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:59 am

That amazon.com listing is twice the price.

amazon.co.jp ships internationally just fine and is my #1 source for artbooks

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4048685260
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blockio
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Age: 19
Posts: 407
Joined: Dec 03, 2017
Location: the Land of NERV's third branch
Gender: Male

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Blockio » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:59 pm

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:Here's hoping that Kaiyodo decides to do a few other of the ANIMA Eva units as figs as well, because I would definitely be down for that. :D

Heres goping that the finally get off their asses and release Mark.09 Adam, Eva 13 Awakened, Unit 02y Beast mode Phase I and II, as well as the radiant giant Unit 01 and Unit Null.
But yes, generally any Eva release is goid and Anima has some really sweet looking designs
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

SEELE-01
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 1646
Joined: Dec 30, 2009
Location: Guess...
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Heres goping that the finally get off their asses and release Mark.09 Adam, Eva 13 Awakened, Unit 02y Beast mode Phase I and II, as well as the radiant giant Unit 01 and Unit Null.


Ditto
AVATAR: Remaining active time: 00:00

Visit my blog & Tumblr

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 1304
Joined: Nov 14, 2010
Gender: Male

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Does anyone have the Sega Prize premium Mark.06 figure? I'm thinking about picking one up but I'd like to know what the quality is like beforehand. I've bought a few figures of the human characters but never an Eva.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu
User avatar
Posts: 3134
Joined: Nov 08, 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:47 pm

As expected, the Kotobukiya TV Eva-00 head fits perfectly on the NME Eva-02 body. So all the molds for that are done and Koto can make the NME Eva-00 at a moment's notice. They've been super duper slow with these releases.


Or if you're too lazy to wait for it, just buy the two kits and headswap :3


Image
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ArvisTaljik
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 62
Joined: Sep 16, 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby ArvisTaljik » Wed May 09, 2018 7:47 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:As expected, the Kotobukiya TV Eva-00 head fits perfectly on the NME Eva-02 body. So all the molds for that are done and Koto can make the NME Eva-00 at a moment's notice. They've been super duper slow with these releases.

Or if you're too lazy to wait for it, just buy the two kits and headswap :3


The same thing works on the Bandai kits as well. I did a 2.0 Eva-00' by combining 2.0 Eva-02 with 1.0 Unit-00. Currently doing the same thing again to make a pseudo-TV version Eva-00'.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

ZQFMGB
Embryo
Posts: 17
Joined: May 31, 2018

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby ZQFMGB » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:19 am

I'm considering buying some Revoltech Eva figures, but my budget isn't that big, and the prices are. So, for those who have them, do you think I should go for Mark 06 or Mark 09 ? I tried to watch some reviews, but I'm currently on a crappy computer on which the pictures are very low def and youtube don't work very well (the videos stop every 2 seconds, if they even start), so I came here to have people's advices.
I'm looking for something which can be played with (by playing, I mean doing some pew pew with the weapons and simulate running, not smashing it everywhere) and posed without breaking apart, so I have some questions :
- What are the extras for those Evas ? From I've managed to figure out from my crappy pics, there's a moon stand and the Spear of Cassius for the Mark 06 and a scythe for the Mark 09 (and probably ten thousands sets of hands for both), but is there something else ?
- Are the horns on Mark 06 and the Eva's weapons sturdy enough to resist some non violent play ?
- Can the eye of the Mark 09 rotate ? If so, is there enough friction so it doesn't pop off ?
- The hands are a pain in the a** to switch on my miniature Unit 00, is it easier on those bigger versions ?
- Which one do you think is the better figure overall ?

SEELE-01
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 1646
Joined: Dec 30, 2009
Location: Guess...
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:56 pm

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:I'm considering buying some Revoltech Eva figures, but my budget isn't that big, and the prices are. So, for those who have them, do you think I should go for Mark 06 or Mark 09 ? I tried to watch some reviews, but I'm currently on a crappy computer on which the pictures are very low def and youtube don't work very well (the videos stop every 2 seconds, if they even start), so I came here to have people's advices.

My dear sweet child, thats what we do... It's what we live for...
To help unfortunate newbies like yourself... Poor souls with no one else to Tang to...

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:I'm looking for something which can be played with (by playing, I mean doing some pew pew with the weapons and simulate running, not smashing it everywhere) and posed without breaking apart

Revoltechs or Robot Damashii.
Robot Damashii IS more screen accurate, but they are more expensive, the line-up does not include Evas past 2.0 and half of them are super expensible, hard-to-come-by limited editions.
Revoltechs are a bit cheaper and are re-issued at least once every two years, so there is no shortage of new figures.
Now, neither one of those are figures meant for BRRAP BRRAP, PEW PEW. They are collectibles meant for a certain degree of manipulation, but they are by no means toys meant for someone under 15 (physically or mentally).

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:- What are the extras for those Evas ? From I've managed to figure out from my crappy pics, there's a moon stand and the Spear of Cassius for the Mark 06 and a scythe for the Mark 09 (and probably ten thousands sets of hands for both), but is there something else ?

Nope, that is pretty much what you get for those two. Mark 09 comes with a skull posing base, nothing too interesting or as gimmicky as Mark 06's LED moon base.

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:- Are the horns on Mark 06 and the Eva's weapons sturdy enough to resist some non violent play ?

Define non-violent... I pose them and move them around, as long as they are not subjected to unreasonable amounts of force they should hold. How much force is for you to find out, comes with the expecience of handling the figures. Usually when you hold them, you will know how much is too much for that part.

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:- Can the eye of the Mark 09 rotate ? If so, is there enough friction so it doesn't pop off ?

Yes it can, and so far so good, I've had mine for years and is still tight ( :huh: phrasing). I guess that with time the hole will get bigger (phrasing!) and the eye will fall out more easily. I don't know how much play the hole will take before that (ok, that may have been on purpouse)...

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:- The hands are a pain in the a** to switch on my miniature Unit 00, is it easier on those bigger versions ?

In the Mark 06 it is easier. The pegs of Mark 09 are a bit more touchy. With time, the holes loosen and it becomes easier every time (dammit!).

View Original PostZQFMGB wrote:- Which one do you think is the better figure overall ?

As I always say: It is up yo you!
What do you like best? Orange or Navy blue? Emo Rei or Kaworu? Creepy headless Eva or sweet helmeted Mark 06?
I personally like Mark 06 a LOT more, but then again, that is independent of the figure itself, as both are very good ones.

I review those figures in detail in my Youtube channel, so you can take a look in there when you have broadband internet... Leave any more questions, we are always glad to help :wink:
AVATAR: Remaining active time: 00:00

Visit my blog & Tumblr

ZQFMGB
Embryo
Posts: 17
Joined: May 31, 2018

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby ZQFMGB » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 am

Thanks, Seele 01! I think I'll go for the Mark 06 because I already have a Unit 00 and it could be a little redundant (too much yellow kills the yellow). Plus, I'll probably loose Mark 09's eyeball at some point. As for the play, that's just some careful playing and posing with the articulations when I'm bored, not really running around with it while shouting "pew pew zvoum BAAAAAAM", the loss of several action figures and plastic starships already teached me it's not a wise thing to do even with proper toys (the loss of my Lego X-Wing is probably the thing I would relive in Arael's mindrape :sniffle: ), so I surely won't try this with a Mark 06 figure. And a LED moon base ? I want that! :w00t:
I'll check your channel, it looks cool, and it seems you've reviewed a loooot of figures!


Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests