Gaming Memories

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Gaming Memories

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat May 19, 2018 9:43 am

Neverwinter Knights. The death of Aribeth because its tragic and sad and you can't stop it happening because choice menu's had not been invented yet in gaming.

Revenant. That ending never saw that coming so what was even the point of this then?

Half Life. Okay so were are going to the alien world now..where your gonna fall down and die constantly...

Unreal Tournament. Oh man I just found the BFG and like a prat I just shot it off inside an inside space and killed myself.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Sat May 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Playing Super Smash Bros. and Cruis'n USA on my childhood church's transparent grey N64 using a transparent purple controller and by tiny 3 year old fingers being unable to reach Z, L, or R

Playing Cruis'n Exotica in my local Mazzio's

Going to the electronics sections of big retail stores like Target or Wal-Mart to play the demo consoles. My most vivid memories are that of the Starfy demo, one of the Pokemon Dungeon games, Chibi-Robo, and the Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 demo.

My mom getting me Veggietales Minnesota Cuke and the Coconut Apes and me thinking it was an audio CD at first

The controllers always being screwed up and unusable at the one McDonald's I frequently went to that still had game systems, PS2s and GameCubes.

Getting WALL-E on PC and having to order my first video card to even run it

Reading about Shigeru Miyamoto, Narbacular Drop and it's evolution into Portal, and Psychonauts in my school library.

Getting a Wii as our family's first console, the Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort bundle

Being kinda disappointed that my parents got me Sonic Colours instead of Donkey Kong Country Returns for Christmas (they were both on my list, but DKCR was what I anticipated), but immediately falling in love with it just because of the stylish cover art, the flashy opening, and the first few acts of Tropical Resort

Watching GMod animations like Team Fabulous 2 and Heavy's Retarded Holiday (god I wish GMod videos weren't all just low effort prop hunts now)

Watching and trying to make my own Flipnotes

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS being the first game I purchased on launch day (digital, like an idiot), and Sonic Mania being the first game I preordered, only for the PC port to be delayed the day immediately after my preorder (damn you Denuvo!)

Finally getting my own laptop a week ago and listening to a loop of Little Big Planet's Left Bank Two as I installed my entire Steam library on it
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon May 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Christmas '95 and getting my PlayStation and Ridge Racer launch title as presents! Still one of my favorite games that i can play repeatedly even if i still can't beat the Extra stage courses before the timer runs out.

Playing Crus'n World at the Mayaguez Town Center's local Timeout was also brilliant before and after i would catch a flick at the theater right next to it.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat May 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Getting 120 stars and beating Bowser for the third and final time on Super Mario 64 was so epic after so many years of gathering them slowly. :D
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”