Shane Black & Fred Dekker to make PREDATOR Sequel

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Shane Black & Fred Dekker to make PREDATOR Sequel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri May 11, 2018 2:14 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:Trailer is finally here. Looks decent, like the cast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPI9E-wNK8s
Hybrids confirmed (:|

Just saw this left me with such mixed feelings kind of not liking the hybrid idea but they could pull it off, also not liking that there's just random predator tech being left around since the comics imply the tech does not get in to human hands even in the later periods where Ripley is around (Aliens ect) though you do get rare case's where a human gets there tech but its built for the human to wear. I could be wrong though and this could turn out good and they pull off this whole high bred twist.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Gendo'sPapa
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 am

I trust Shane Black. He's a storyteller with a very unique voice who while good with spectacle is truly at his greatest when it comes to character, dialogue and most importantly tone. His Iron Man film was one of the few legitimately good Marvel films (and while his twist with the Mandarin upset nerds it really doesn't take much to do that nowadays anyways since people just want to be pandered & was the right choice for the movie).

The hardest thing to sell in marketing is a movies true tone & feel. Usually marketing teams are a completely different unit than the production crew - only a few filmmakers like David Fincher are allowed to have a real hand guiding how their films are marketed - and go for the easiest sell which is explosions and broad exposition one liners.

I have strong confidence in the film.

Blue Monday
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat May 12, 2018 3:57 am

I agree, GP. I've enjoyed every one of Shane Black's flicks and this one looks like it's just going to be straight-up fun. I really feel like this movie could be a breath of fresh air for the franchise, although I'm already guessing the crazier elements of the plot, and injection of humour, is going to be divisive amongst audiences. Just a shame that this one is still four months away from release, though.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Return to “Film and Video”