Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Noragami manga returning after hiatus

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue May 01, 2018 9:27 am

After a year's hiatus caused by illness, the manga of Noragami is set to return on 6th June. Given the cliff-hanger left for the start of the next arc, this will doubtless cause a huge sigh of relief from its fans.

http://www.gmaga.co/news/114.html
http://www.mangamag.fr/actualite/actualite-manga/reprise-du-manga-noragami/

Of course a third season of anime would also be welcome, but there's enough material already available for that - so the manga's hiatus was probably not the cause of the lack of an anime continuation.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Noragami manga returning after hiatus

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue May 01, 2018 9:38 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Of course a third season of anime would also be welcome, but there's enough material already available for that - so the manga's hiatus was probably not the cause of the lack of an anime continuation.

Yeah... Season 3 would be great :cry:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Thu May 10, 2018 9:24 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Of course a third season of anime would also be welcome, but there's enough material already available for that - so the manga's hiatus was probably not the cause of the lack of an anime continuation.

Wasn't there a giant lawsuit that attacked Noragami S2 because supposedly its soundtrack had a similar tone to some Muslim religious music - ultimately causing them to re-record a new soundtrack for the BDs (or something like that)? I love Noragami and I remember saying back then that this legal action pretty much solidified that we won't ever get a 3rd season :( hope I'm wrong

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 am

I didn't know that; explains why I have come across two slightly different versions of the second OST album:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-04/noragami-soundtrack-2-cancelled-due-to-islamic-sound-samples/.96105

Hardly seems something to prevent a new series, though.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Anime and Manga”