Dreams about Evangelion...

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Blockio
Israfel
Israfel

Re: Dreams about Evangelion...

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:00 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:It was weird.

Sounds like an average dream to me :'D
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

HARVEST
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:13 am

Not my dream and it's an online friend's dream where he was watching the TV series in the English dub, but instead of Spike Spencer voicing Shinji, it was Zooey Deschanel voicing Shinji.
Her acting was apparently amazing and superior to Megumi Ogata.
Plus, Shinji apparently sounded really adorable in this dub.

He also dreamed about both Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion getting licensed by ADV and getting superior, consistent translations with AWL's role in the dub being voicing Rei and nothing else, the English dub has Zooey Deschanel voice Shinji again.
And we apparently got the Platinum Edition movie DVDs, the Rebuilds were licensed by ADV, we got Blu-Rei and Archival DVD boxes from ADV.
And in his dream, ADV never went bankrupt and never planned the live action Eva film (which is what drove them to bankruptcy in the first place).

Also, Bandai's dub of 5 Centimeters Per Second never existed and Your Name was localized by ADV in this dream.

In his third one, Shinji is a girl with long, slightly curly hair with bangs (essentially an anime Zooey Deschanel) and is voiced in English by (you guessed it) Zooey Deschanel.
Female Shinji was crying cutely and Male Rei (who is essentially a blue-haired Kaworu) comforted her and then they do cute things together.
Said dream was apparently overflowing with cuteness.

And finally, he dreamed about going on a screening for Ballerina (aka. Leap!), that French CGI film that came out last year.
And he saw a trailer for 3.0+1.0 during that screening.
The cinema was filled with kids and their parents (who wanted to watch Ballerina), and Evangelion fans who came just to see the new trailer, since Khara announced that it won't be shown online.
Some of said Eva fans left after the trailer but some stayed to see Leap!.
There were also teenage and young adult couples on movie dates, some just wanted the Eva trailer, some came for Ballerina.
The trailer consisted of clips from 3.33's "next time" preview, cleaned up Until You Come to Me footage, and new footage consisting of Unit 01 coming back, the Rei from 1.11 and 2.22 coming back, and Unit 01 battling alongside Unit 08 + 02.
After that, some Eva fans left the theater but not him, since he really loved Ballerina.
I loved that movie too.
His brain went to recap mode and watched the movie in his dream.
He took his wife with him.
Hearing about this dream reminded me of a time when some Star Wars fans went to other movies just to see trailers for The Phantom Menace then leaving afterwards.
Pretty weird now, huh?

HARVEST
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 pm

I had an Eva dream now.
I was in a group therapy session with my girlfriend, Shinji, Rei, Asuka, and Misato.

It pretty much felt like the therapy sessions I had when I was heavily depressed (thanks to school bullying) as a teenager mixed with EoTV.
I also apparently made good friends with the Children and Misato, especially with Shinji.
And after said dream and getting cured of my depression, well, "Congratulations!" ensued for each of us.

One of the nicest dreams I had in some time.

We were all speaking English in this dream.

The Divine Emperor
Embryo
Location: A wild weird clime that lieth, sublime, out of Space, out of Time

•      
  •      

Postby The Divine Emperor » Wed May 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Had a long and complicated one last night, of which only the scene prior to waking I recall. I may have been Rei; the distinction between us was not clear, which is fitting now that I think about it inasmuch the event in question occurred as part of Instrumentality. Anyways, I/Rei was being addressed by Kaworu in a dark tunnel or crypt: he had filled an inverted blue rubber glove with some dark flammable substance, and lit it in on fire, holding it up as a slow-burning torch. Kaworu stated that I/Rei would "be taken somewhere you do not want to go."

This is a clear paraphrase of John 21:18, although its meaning for Rei/myself is unknown on account of my alarm interrupting. (And why a blue rubber glove? The mind boggles.)
We lie to ourselves every day, we know it, and we can’t do anything about it. We get along with other people by humoring their delusions. When we don’t, they hate us, and we are alone.

...Wendy Smith

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 pm

^ Or the mind is trying to guide you ^_^

http://us.dreambook.in.ua/son/gloves/ Rubber gloves is down on the list, and seeing as this a thread about dreams, maybe the link can help folks try to unravel the meaning behind them all.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ambiant23
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:29 pm

I dont think this one had anything to do with Eva in particular, but it I just have to share it.

So in the dream I was walking downstairs when I saw that our our HDTV was replaced by an old CRT. It turns on by its self then something that felt like Giygas flashes pulsating red lights on of the TV. I have a seizure on the floor then a slit goes through my head and all I feel is what you could imagine child labor would be like if happened on the cranium.

I wake up with a massive head ache.

ShonHam
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:11 pm

The closest thing to a dream of Evangelion I've had was moreso an amalgamation of the horror shows I'd been watching beforehand mixed with the end scene from End of Eva. The red ocean was clearly visible from the balcony of my room, it had this subtle scarlet glow that was oddly soothing, but surrounded by essentially nothing but pitch dark, strange figures lumbering around in the cityscape. It was bizarre and kinda chilling if I'm honest.
What will be will be.

ZQFMGB
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:43 pm

I made three dreams about Eva. The first one was me seeing a berserk Eva (can't remember which one, but it was probably Shogouki) roaring and eating an Angel (again, can't remember which one but it was probably Sachiel or Zeruel).
In the second one, I was just behind Gendo during the beginning of ep 5, when Unit 00 went berserk. Oddly, it wasn't one of those dreams where you can't move, it would've fitted the situation after all, but I couldn't stop staring at Unit 00's big creepy red eye... brrr...
And the last one was... hum... imagine a mix-up of the Arael mindrape, EoTV and Instrumentality. It was just after I watched EoE.

So yeah, my Eva dreams are far from being fun... why can't I dream about being Pen Pen ?!

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”