Shuuketsu no Sadame

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Shuuketsu no Sadame

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:33 pm

It's actually a little old (the CD was released on 21/07/2010) anyway it seems that it wasn't mentioned anywhere (at least I didn't find it after a fast search), Megumi Hayashibara made a new single for the last pachinko of Evangelion, you can watch the video here (this time the video is completely based around the Rebuild 2.22 except the Lilith scene).
Somehow she keeps mentioning the names of the characters (Aida, Ibuki, Makoto, Kaworu and so on) during the song, does anyone care to give an explanation if not a complete translation?
Lyrics (in romanji) here.
I wonder how many singles she has made for these games so far, is this the second after "Shuuketsu no sono he"?
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orichalcon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Orichalcon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:03 pm

I heard it on Youtube. I actually really like it. I feel like it should be a Rebuild replacement for Cruel Angel's Thesis.
One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small. And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Yeah, it's not bad at all though personally I prefer "Shuuketsu no sono he".
I forgot to mention that the second track of the CD is a "maternal" version of "Kyo no Hi wa Sayonara" and somehow I liked it more than the original one.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Re: Shuuketsu no Sadame

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:57 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Somehow she keeps mentioning the names of the characters (Aida, Ibuki, Makoto, Kaworu and so on) during the song, does anyone care to give an explanation if not a complete translation?

Japanese has such a high phonetic turnover that most of the character names in Eva can also be used punningly as words - my translation skills are worse than Babelfish, but in the second verse for example, "Rei" is used as part of 冷酷 "reikoku," meaning "cruel" - think "zankoku," the second character is the same. And a little way after that we have "Kaworu" read from 香る "kaoru" (I think) - "sweet-smelling".

I'm not competent to translate the song, but you get the idea - "shinjitsu" is "truth/reality", "asu kara" is "after tomorrow", "aida" is "distance between" or something...that's what happens when you import all your phonemes from China.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:20 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I forgot to mention that the second track of the CD is a "maternal" version of "Kyo no Hi wa Sayonara" and somehow I liked it more than the original one.

Somewhat off-topic, but the official 2.22 video promo lists that the version of Tsubasa o Kudasai is from "Wings Hayashibara New FullCD" which I haven't seen on Evastore or anything at all. :/ Do you happen to know about this?

And yeah, Hayashibara's songs for the Panchinko games (there are 7 or 8 of those games out by now @_@ ) are pretty sweet. ^_^ I hope some of them make their way into Rebuild, it'd be nice.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Re: Shuuketsu no Sadame

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:37 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Japanese has such a high phonetic turnover that most of the character names in Eva can also be used punningly as words - my translation skills are worse than Babelfish, but in the second verse for example, "Rei" is used as part of 冷酷 "reikoku," meaning "cruel" - think "zankoku," the second character is the same. And a little way after that we have "Kaworu" read from 香る "kaoru" (I think) - "sweet-smelling".

I'm not competent to translate the song, but you get the idea - "shinjitsu" is "truth/reality", "asu kara" is "after tomorrow", "aida" is "distance between" or something...that's what happens when you import all your phonemes from China.

Thank you for the explanation, I was suspecting that it could be the case but I couldn't confirm it by myself.
View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Somewhat off-topic, but the official 2.22 video promo lists that the version of Tsubasa o Kudasai is from "Wings Hayashibara New FullCD" which I haven't seen on Evastore or anything at all. :/ Do you happen to know about this?

No, I'm sorry but actually I've never seen that CD around and apparently it's missing from both official and unofficial discographies; I'm not sure about the reason, maybe it was released as some kind of limited edition?
View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:And yeah, Hayashibara's songs for the Panchinko games (there are 7 or 8 of those games out by now @_@ ) are pretty sweet. ^_^ I hope some of them make their way into Rebuild, it'd be nice.

Indeed; I don't understand how pachinko-like games can be so popular in Japan (I called it pachinko but actually it's a pachislo game, I'm not sure about the differences between them) but at least there are these songs and some nice animations of Kaworu with the EVA-04.
Anyway lately Megumi is making quite a number of singles and I hope that we can get some other new one from the remaining movies.

In megumi's page on starchild there's an interview about Shuuketsu no Sadame and the Choice album: http://www.starchild.co.jp/artist/hayashi/comment.html
Thanks to Ashita Smile for the link.

EDIT:
Not really related but I've ripped Shuuketsu no Sono he from Saigo no Mono (PS2).
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

00idiot
Embryo

Lyrics

•      
  •      

Postby 00idiot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:24 pm

真実を求め淋しさにゆれてる
明日(あす)からの旅立ちは遠く果てなくて
くり返す
過ちがあると
つげているその声が

It seeks truth and it is lonesome, shaking, the going on a journey from of [ru] tomorrow (tomorrow) far does not end and when the [te] it repeats there is the error which you inform the voice which

そして
冷酷なまでに惹かれあうぬくもり
怪しくかおる微笑みはいつも同じ
くり返す
投じられた謎
光と壁の間

Puzzle light and between the walls and the [nu] to be attracted to coldheartedly it becomes cloudy and the same repeat the smile which is fragrant doubtfully always and are thrown

何があるの
愛があるの
夢があるの
何もないの

Is what is love is a dream there is no at all

舵を失ったまま箱舟が
生命(いのち)の螺旋構造へと沈む

While the rudder is lost the box boat sinks to the helical structure of life (to be, after)

生まれたての息吹
青葉くわえた鳥達が
闇を抜けた
真(まこと)の知らせ告げて飛ぶ

The breath greenery of the origin building the true (truth) news where the bird which is gripped passes through the darkness informing, it flies

誰も 見ない 啓示が下る

The revelation which no one sees goes down

全て
託された遺言に導かれてる
今なおここから見届けるため捨てた
いつだって
求めすぎた時
指をすり抜けていく

Everything being led by the will which is entrusted, in order to deliver the [ru] considered as here still when even we would like to throw away calculating too much the [ri] which does the finger it keeps coming out

何がほしい
愛がほしい
夢がほしい
君がほしい

We want you who want the dream which wants the love which wants something

怒りにまみれ泣きはらした日々
希望に変えるため心を塞ぐ

You are covered in anger and in order to change into the everyday desire which blubbers you close heart

祈りの歌声が響く
ミサと共に目覚め
旋律こそ
懺悔に導く術(すべ)だと

When with the Mass where singing of praying echoes it awakes and very the melody it is the technique ([be] which is done) which is led to confession

誰も 知らぬ 予言が開く

The prediction which no one knows opens

すでに
きまりごとは自由をはらんで動き
止められない運命に選ばれたとき
くりかえし
さかのぼる未来
源すら忘れて どこへ行くの

Every it is decided already and being filled freedom, it moves and when being chosen in the destiny which does not stop it repeats and even the future source which it goes back forgetting, it goes to somewhere

天(そら)へ返そう
海へ帰ろう
残されてる 言葉たちは
欲望の生贄となる

The heaven to it probably will return to the sea which probably will be returned (the [so] and others) being left, [ru] word becomes sacrifice of desire

誰も
真実を求め淋しさにゆれてる
明日からの旅立ちは遠く果てなくて
くり返す
過ちがあると
つげているその声が

Everyone seeks truth and it is lonesome, shaking, the going on a journey from [ru] tomorrow far does not end and when the [te] it repeats there is the error which you inform the voice which

そして
冷酷なまでに惹かれあうぬくもり
怪しくかおる微笑みはいつも同じ
くり返す
投じられた謎
光と壁の間

Puzzle light and between the walls and the [nu] to be attracted to coldheartedly it becomes cloudy and the same repeat the smile which is fragrant doubtfully always and are thrown

何があるの
愛があるの
夢があるの
何もないの

Is what is love is a dream there is no at all

何がほしい
愛がほしい
夢がほしい
君がほしい

We want you who want the dream which wants the love which wants something

If someone could kindly clean these up, maybe provide a Romaji translation, maybe make it so that the English words make sense, or even (it's asking quite a bit by this point I realize) double post it here and on Animelyrics.com I'd really appreciate it. I already went to the trouble of tracking down the original Kana lyrics, and translating them with Babelfish paragraph by bloody paragraph. I'm exhausted.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:37 pm

I slapped this together fast and fierce. Not the greatest, but hopefully it's an improvement over Babelfish. Someone might want to doublecheck the romaji.

真実を求め淋しさにゆれてる
明日(あす)からの旅立ちは遠く果てなくて
くり返す
過ちがあると
つげているその声が

Shinjitsu o motome sabishisa ni yureteru (I seek the truth and quaver in loneliness)
Asu kara no tabidachi wa tooku hate nakute (Starting tomorrow, I set off on a journey that never ends)
Kurikaesu (It all repeats)
Ayamachi ga aru to (When I do wrong)
Tsugete iru sono koe ga (His Voice lets me know)

そして
冷酷なまでに惹かれあうぬくもり
怪しくかおる微笑みはいつも同じ
くり返す
投じられた謎
光と壁の間

Soshite (And so)
Reikoku na made ni hikareau nukumori (Warmth is drawn to the cold and cruel)
Ayashiku kaoru hohoemi wa itsumo onaji (Suspiciously pleasant smiles are always the same)
Toujirareta nazo (Secrets were cast)
Hikari to kabe no aida (Between the wall and the light)

何があるの
愛があるの
夢があるの
何もないの

Nani ga aru no (What is it?)
Ai ga aru no (Is it love?)
Yume ga aru no (Is it a dream?)
Nani mo nai no (Is it nothing?)

舵を失ったまま箱舟が
生命(いのち)の螺旋構造へと沈む

Kaji o ushinatta mama hakobune ga (A rudderless ark)
Inochi [seimei] no rasen kouzou e to shizumu (Sinks into the spiral structure of life)

生まれたての息吹
青葉くわえた鳥達が
闇を抜けた
真(まこと)の知らせ告げて飛ぶ

Umaretate no ibuki (Breathing their first breaths)
Aoba kuwaeta toritachi ga (Birds fled the darkness)
Yami o nuketa (With leaves in their beaks)
Makoto [shin/ma] no shirasetsugete tobu (They take flight with word of the truth)

誰も 見ない 啓示が下る

Dare mo minai keiji ga kudaru (A revelation seen by no one comes down [from God])

全て
託された遺言に導かれてる
今なおここから見届けるため捨てた
いつだって
求めすぎた時
指をすり抜けていく

Subete (Everything)
Takusareta yuigon ni michibikareteru (Leads me to the testament with which I've been entrusted)
Ima nao koko kara mitodokeru tame suteta (I still have it set aside so I can see things through from here on out)
Itsudatte (It's always the case that)
Motomesugita toki (When I seek too much)
Yubi o surinukete iku (It slips right through my fingers)

何がほしい
愛がほしい
夢がほしい
君がほしい

Nani ga hoshii (What do I want?)
Ai ga hoshii (I want love)
Yume ga hoshii (I want my dreams)
Kimi ga hoshii (I want you)

怒りにまみれ泣きはらした日々
希望に変えるため心を塞ぐ

Ikari ni mamire nakiharashita hibi (Day after day, I shrouded my tears with rage)
Kibou ni kaeru tame kokoro o fusagu (I close off my heart to change it [?] to hope)

祈りの歌声が響く
ミサと共に目覚め
旋律こそ
懺悔に導く術(すべ)だと

Inori no utagoe ga hibiku (Resonant voices sing out in prayer)
Misa to tomo ni mezame (Awakening with the Mass)
Senritsu koso (The melody)
Sange ni michibiku sube da to (Will show the way to penitence)

誰も 知らぬ 予言が開く

Dare mo shiranu yogen ga hiraku (A prophecy known to no one unfolds)

すでに
きまりごとは自由をはらんで動き
止められない運命に選ばれたとき
くりかえし
さかのぼる未来
源すら忘れて どこへ行くの

Sude ni (Already)
Kimarigoto wa jiyuu o harande ugoki (The rules move to fill up the womb of freedom)
Tomerarenai unmei ni erabareta toki (When chosen by a fate that can't be stopped)
Kurikaeshi (It all repeats)
Sakanoboru mirai (The future swims upstream)
Minamoto sura wasurete doko e yuku no (Where do I go, when I forget where I came from?)

天(そら)へ返そう
海へ帰ろう
残されてる 言葉たちは
欲望の生贄となる

Sora [ten] e kaesou (Let's go back to the sky)
Umi e kaerou (Back to the sea)
Nokosareteru kotobatachi wa (The words that are left behind)
Yokubou no ikenie to naru (Will be a sacrifice of lust)

誰も
真実を求め淋しさにゆれてる
明日からの旅立ちは遠く果てなくて
くり返す
過ちがあると
つげているその声が

Dare mo (Everyone)
Shinjitsu o motome sabishisa ni yureteru (Seeks the truth and quavers in loneliness)
Asu kara no tabidachi wa tooku hate nakute (Starting tomorrow, I set off on a journey that never ends)
Ayamachi ga aru to (When I do wrong)
Tsugete iru sono koe ga (His Voice lets me know)

そして
冷酷なまでに惹かれあうぬくもり
怪しくかおる微笑みはいつも同じ
くり返す
投じられた謎
光と壁の間

Soshite (And so)
Ayashiku kaoru hohoemi wa itsumo onaji (Suspiciously pleasant smiles are always the same)
Toujirareta nazo (Secrets were cast)
Hikari to kabe no aida (Between the wall and the light)

何があるの
愛があるの
夢があるの
何もないの

Nani ga aru no (What is it?)
Ai ga aru no (Is it love?)
Yume ga aru no (Is it a dream?)
Nani mo nai no (Is it nothing?)

何がほしい
愛がほしい
夢がほしい
君がほしい

Nani ga hoshii (What do I want?)
Ai ga hoshii (I want love)
Yume ga hoshii (I want my dreams)
Kimi ga hoshii (I want you)

I can theoretically submit something to animelyrics later (assuming my account still works). I never did manage to get certified to submit translations there, though...
Last edited by Reichu on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

00idiot
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 00idiot » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:46 pm

:w00:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now know of several youtube videos that I will be attaching this wonderfully done translation to.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:18 pm

You're welcome. Enjoy. :kawaii:

BTW, I think I figured out the "Asu kara" line that had been giving me trouble. Translation updated accordingly.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

00idiot
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 00idiot » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Again, thank you very, very, much. It's a good thing that I'm worn out and haven't had a chance to cross post on youtube-otherwise, I might have put up inferior lyrics.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:25 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I slapped this together fast and fierce. Not the greatest, but hopefully it's an improvement over Babelfish. Someone might want to doublecheck the romaji.

Actually very little to correct. Only one typo:

きまりごとは自由をはらんで動き

Kimarigoto wa jiyuu o hirande ugoki (The rules move to fill up the womb of freedom)

Typo is
HArande ugoki

But that's it. Very well-done!

Perhaps the only one that I may have some question is

冷酷なまでに惹かれあうぬくもり

With hikareAU, would it mean that cold and cruel also got drawn by warmth too?

Also
明日からの旅立ちは遠く果てなくて
may mean the journey does not have an end, instead of the days never comes...
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 pm

symbv: I'm still fuzzy on a lot of the compound verbs, so I wasn't sure how to interpret -au. So that implies a sort of mutuality -- here, nukumori and reikoku are drawn/attracted to each another?

Guess I shouldn't have second-guessed the "Asu kara" line; my first take was much as you suggested. -o-; I'll change that back.

Do you have any thoughts about this one, by the way?

Ikari ni mamire nakiharashita hibi (Day after day, I shrouded my tears with rage)
Kibou ni kaeru tame kokoro o fusagu (I close off my heart to change it [?] to hope)

The second line doesn't seem quite right...

Thanks so much for the feedback!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:symbv: I'm still fuzzy on a lot of the compound verbs, so I wasn't sure how to interpret -au. So that implies a sort of mutuality -- here, nukumori and reikoku are drawn/attracted to each another?

As the verb is hikare-au, which would mean "got mutually attracted", but that would not explain the "na" after Reikoku.

Now I come to think a bit more about it, I think the "na" is there to modify Reikoku so that it can link to "made ni" (which without "made ni" would have been just "reikoku ni"). If this is true, then the "hikare-au" means warmth from different sources is attracted to each other, but it is to the level of being "cold and cruel".

冷酷なまでに惹かれあうぬくもり
would then be
Warmth drawn to each other to the level of being cold and cruel

怒りにまみれ泣きはらした日々
希望に変えるため心を塞ぐ

Do you have any thoughts about this one, by the way?
The second line doesn't seem quite right...

The first line I would translate as
The days when I shed tears shrouded with rage

I think the second line is as you translated though:
In order to change this to hope I close my heart
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I'M BEING A BUYFAG AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:59 pm

I actually bought this CD a few months ago. You can listen to audio samples here. It includes two songs (Shuuketsu no Unmei and a beautiful new rendition of Kyou no Hi wa Sayounara) and the intstrumentals of both.

Definately worth $14, but I expect most people will just pirate it and ignore this post. :shrug:

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:03 pm

I'm kinda late but thanks a lot for the translation, Reichu.
View Original PostReichu wrote:I can theoretically submit something to animelyrics later (assuming my account still works). I never did manage to get certified to submit translations there, though...

I suppose that you couldn't do it, right? I can't find the song on animelyrics.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 am

Shinchan: I actually never tried submitting them. I want to refine the translation a bit more first... well, once the right mood hits...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:58 am

So,anyone have any luck with locating our mysterious Wings_Hayashibara New-Full CD yet?

GodzillaGuy2000
Embryo

Lyrics (again?)

•      
  •      

Postby GodzillaGuy2000 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:45 am

Well, apparently, someone just figured out what the choir is saying in the background. I'd imagine that they were created by Shiro SAGISU's lyricist, Mike Wyzgowski. Anyway, here they are:

"We must keep searching till we find the truth of love
No stone unturned
There is a secret hidden in our consciousness
We must reveal
If we succeed we have the key for happiness
The source of all supreme love
Utopian dream

In the blink of an eye we try

That which could take forever

Don't give up, don't give up, don't give in
Don't look back, don't look down, don't give in
Don't believe you will fail it's a sin
If you search with your heart you will win

We may never find it, but we will go on searching for the Utopian Dream

We try to find, we try to find

We may never find it, but we will go on searching for the Utopian Dream

Love - the quest has always been to look for…
Love - everybody needs to find some
Love - Is, time immortal's greatest mystery

Love - Is, time immortal's greatest mystery

Utopian dream…