All Studio Trigger stuff goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:47 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Bayonetta 2 designer and MGR Revengeance director would like to make a KlK game.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/14/platinum-games-kenji-saito-would-like-to-make-kill-la-kill-or-berserk-game/

Yes, YES YES YEEEEEESSSS! DO IIIIIIIIT!
Well, as long as it's closer to Bayonetta and MGR Revengeance than Legend of Korra. -o-;
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:23 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Bayonetta 2 designer and MGR Revengeance director would like to make a KlK game.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/14/platinum-games-kenji-saito-would-like-to-make-kill-la-kill-or-berserk-game/

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:42 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-08-06/interview-studio-trigger/.91296

Oh man, even though this is so short, there's some gold in here for KlK fans, mainly the tidbit about

SPOILER: Show
the script originally written as a mostly male cast
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Interesting article, yeah.
SPOILER: Show
That's pretty cool that they flopped the sexes around. It's interesting that the script was written with the intent to have male characters-- I wonder who make the decision to turn everything on its head and have women in the roles instead? Whatever happened, though, it gave us one hell of a fun show.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:08 am

It would have been pretty interesting to see a cast of guys in g-strings doing speeches about clothes and such. And that whole Satsuki/Ragyo relationship . . . :cringe:

Now that I think about it, some of what we saw in the final product might have been even _more_ provocative if the cast were all guys. We wouldn't get the strong female characters and the final product wouldn't have been nearly as awesome, but just picture a lot of the key points of the show if they were done by guys. That's pretty damn wild.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:36 am

Since the provocativeness was added just so that the characters were hard to cosplay, I doubt the all-male version would've been nearly as provocative in the clothing department. The Satsuki/Ragyo "relationship" is beyond horrible - would changing both of them to men really make it any worse? The way I see it, the genderflip raises a number of meta-level questions.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:04 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Since the provocativeness was added just so that the characters were hard to cosplay, I doubt the all-male version would've been nearly as provocative in the clothing department. The Satsuki/Ragyo "relationship" is beyond horrible - would changing both of them to men really make it any worse? The way I see it, the genderflip raises a number of meta-level questions.

I'm just noting that if it were flipped with no other changes it would be just as interesting, just for different reasons.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:46 am

But the point still stands, doesn't it? It kind of raises questions about what double-standards we as viewers are comfortable with. And I agree with you about the interesting part... :mwahaha:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:05 pm

It's interesting that the story was originally written with an all male cast. I'd love to hear more about the first draft. I kinda doubt it would have featured men in thongs or in S&M gear jumping around on each other - most of that probably came with a leading female cast - but I'm sure that version of the story continued what they did in Gurren Lagann & they had found a new drill euphemism for cock.

"My tailoring is bigger & harder then you're tailoring!"
"Well, my tailoring is so tight it's going to burst through the seams & expose myself!"

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Not exactly new. In the early interviews Nakashima told how they were first considering a gender bent version of the manga “Men’s Team” (Otokogumi) and all the school clubs, the members would have uniforms with different powers. Satsuki and all the Elite 4 were all first male indeed. Ragyou was still in the late stages a man.

---------------

Here is (a rough translation) of scenes from the OVA that got canned, but I found them interesting as they give us an idea what the characters future is intended to be.

Starting with the Elites and Iori reporting their future plans to Satsuki:

Ira: Graduation is upon us! We should all report our future plans to Lady Satsuki! I, Ira Gamagoori, will work at my relative’s metalworks!
Nonon: I will study business administration at Kiryuin University. Which means I can’t support Lady Satsuki, who wants to take over Kiryuin Corporation.
Houka: I want to be a computer crime consultant while studying at an appropriate university.
Uzu: Of course I’m going to help with our Sanageyama Konnyaku business. And if possible, I want further this path. *points at his bamboo sword*
Iori: After university graduation, I will be doing my Life Fiber research at Kiryuin Corporation’s research institution.
Satsuki: It looks like you all have decided on your paths then. That’s good to hear. *clicks with her heel* Honnouji Academy will be shut down in a month. Student Council President Satsuki Kiryuin and the Elite Four will take full responsibility and deal with the aftermath. This will be the last duty and direction of the Honnouji Academy Student Council.
The Elites & Shiro: Yes, ma’am!

*Satsuki leaves. Soroi and Ryuko are waiting her already.*

Soroi: Good work, Milady.
Ryuko: You sure about that, Satsuki?
Satsuki: Yes. Honnouji Academy was a combat school built only to fight the Life Fibers. It has fulfilled its purpose. *turns around and looks up to the Student Council tower* I will never look down from this tower again.

*hears Sanageyama’s voice from behind*

Sanageyama: Lady Satsuki, I have one request.

So apparently there is a “Kiryuin University” and it doesn’t look like Satsuki is going to study, since she seems to be taking over Kiryuin Corporation directly. And Houka as a computer crime consultant is…kinda ironic, but perfect! I wish they had put this in the OVA.

This is another part with Ryuko and Mataro

*All the houses are in ruins. They were destroyed during the final battle against Ragyo and were left like that. The people there are gathering their remainings to leave. Pakuri, Gitta, and Choroma [TN: The three kids in Mataro’s gang] are bidding farewell to Mataro. Their families are loading their belongings on their cars, ready to depart.*

Mataro: Be strong, guys!
The trio: Thanks for taking care of us, Boss! *on the verge of tears*
Mataro: Stop crying, you dorks! A child’s tears are only to be used for emotional blackmail!

*Ryuko happens to pass by*

Ryuko: Oh, it’s you guys!
Pakuri: Ah, Boss Ryuko!
Ryuko: So you kids are also leaving, huh?
Pakuri: Yes, thanks for asking!
Gitta: The place of our new home has been decided already.
Choroma: It’s all thanks to you and Lady Satsuki!
*The three of them get on their cars and part ways*
Mataro: Hang in there! Make sure you go to school in your new town!

*Mataro waves. Ryuko also sees them off.*

Mataro: But really, just as you would expect from Lady Satsuki! She found jobs and new residences for every single inhabitant of the Honnouji slums, something an ordinary human being could have never pulled off.
Ryuko: Well, the Kiryuin Corporation is powerful after all. [TN: Not so sure about this sentence.]

*Satsuki is going from door to door at the streets of the slum. She handles the files of each house herself. The Elite Four are behind her.*

Mataro: Say Boss, aren’t you actually a Kiryuin girl too?
Ryuko: No, that’s not me at all. I’ll leave all that fine lady act to Satsuki. Right, Sen… *realizes she was about to talk to Senketsu*
*Ryuko puts her hand on her chest, the place where Senketsu’s eye used to be. Her fingers shake. She has a slightly hurt expression.*
Ryuko: …

So Satsuki found a job and a new place to live for each and every former citizen of Honnouji town, including the people in the slums. Not just the students of Honnouji Academy, but every single person she suppressed and used under her strict regime. And she is visiting all the families herself. Truly the Steel Queen's benevolence knows no bounds!

Bonus

Sushio doing Mako childhood pictures

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Mataro: Say Boss, aren’t you actually a Kiryuin girl too?
Ryuko: No, that’s not me at all. I’ll leave all that fine lady act to Satsuki. Right, Sen… *realizes she was about to talk to Senketsu*
*Ryuko puts her hand on her chest, the place where Senketsu’s eye used to be. Her fingers shake. She has a slightly hurt expression.*
Ryuko: …

:asuka_sad:

That's just...too cruel.

On an unrelated note, I really, really hope that Trigger bring out a proper map of Honnouji Academy. I want to see where everything is in the school goddamnit!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:51 am

Sushio's new book is out and it has many great pictures

http://imgur.com/gallery/nWKo4

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:47 am

That pic where Omiko is conning Mako into joining the Tennis club! She was probably thinking "Tennis balls are fun, nothing can go wrong here!"
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:08 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Sushio's new book is out and it has many great pictures

http://imgur.com/gallery/nWKo4

That's... pretty adorable, to tell the truth. Always nice to see it when the people who made the show care enough about the characters to do stuff like this. Shockingly, I actually don't own any KLK merchandise. I was pretty poor when the show was coming out, and on the other side of the country during AX 2014. Perhaps I should start picking some of this stuff up-- it really looks fantastic.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: [Anime] Kill la Kill

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:45 am

Wanna buy original KlK frames? Actual frames from the animation:
http://kuribo4indahouse.tumblr.com/post/154923338972/psa
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:39 am

Mobile game Grand Summoners is doing a KlK collab until may 16.

http://honnouji-gakuen.tumblr.com/post/173210906453/grand-summonerskill-la-kill-collab

Not my type of game, so I don't think I'll make the time investment, but just reading about it and seeing it is cool. I'm glad there is still KlK stuff being done.
And good sprite work.

In motion:
https://youtu.be/_HdMaKROtEs

Edit:
If anybody wants to, I can show the original in-between frames I got (see previous post).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Gave a brief review of my experience watching the first episode in recent days, now I feel the need to expand on my thoughts:

Ryuko is definitely tough, slightly tomboyish. But given what I know of her past and her living conditions with the picture of her father, such a past would for sure bring out the toughness within her. Mako is probably my least favorite because she fits that archetype of damsel in distress and from what I gather with Ryuko openly challenging Satsuki, Mako will likely need much saving in the future. :irked: Satsuki seems at first like a grandiose diva feared by all her subjects but when her underling said Ryuko's name, it triggered something in her that I for sure think relates to her own past. Ryuko's new uniform found underground definitely means what it said by it will latch itself onto her by any means kind of like the Symbiote from Spider-Man. And it even has a mind of it's own much like Symbiote projects as well which depending on what direction Kill la Kill takes, will either influence some of the decisions Ryuko makes or it's just a coincidence.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Mako is tougher than it may seem. ;)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Sorry for the double post, but this is H U G E:
http://kuribo4indahouse.tumblr.com/post/174865406622/triggers-announcement-on-friday-night-800-pm

This is "speculation"

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm not excited at all for this collaboration.

If they're adapting blazblue, it'll suck because blazblue characters are vapid, uninteresting charicatures/edgelords.

If they're adapting guilty gear, it'll suck because they'll spend all their time focusing on the most boring members of the cast (Sol and his stupid boring past, or Ky whose only redeeming factor is getting it on with Dizzy, Dizzy who's only important because she's Ky's woman/gear)

The best possibility is an all new cast of characters that results in a new fighting game release that's not garbage (like BBCTB).

EDIT: Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a BBCTB DLC announcement adding 2-3 characters from KLK (Ryuuko, Satsuki, Mako or one of the useless big four). If this happens I would swallow my pride and buy this game.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Return to “Studio Trigger”