Movies [Death, Death(true), Death(true)²]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Movies [Death, Death(true), Death(true)²]

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:16 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Where would that list be located?

First four here: https://wiki.evageeks.org/Category:Guides
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

HARVEST
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:20 pm

View Original PostCSManiac33 wrote:The only things missing from between the Blu-ray/Archive Sets is the Mangle Entertainment version of Death and Rebirth where Rebirth became a cut down version of 25' and the Pre-Renewal/Platinum versions of the DC/NPC/Prime Versions of Episodes 21 to 24.

I forgot that, but, yes.

CSManiac33
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CSManiac33 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:56 pm

If anyone owns these sets, could they do a breakdown of the differences between the three versions, that would be real great.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:53 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Not just those images, but anything that's specific to the original edits of the DC episodes. The removal of the Reiquarium pics wasn't the only change made to them during the remastering process. Ath's guides would provide a more thorough rundown of the visual differences.

Sorry to necromance, but I'm trying to track down the 23' with the reiquarium images...

I'm a tad confused about where exactly those appear.
I know it's not in the OA version of the chapters nor in the Platinum DC, or at least, not in ADV's platinum collection boxset...

That leaves this one...
Am I correct?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:37 pm

That's the one.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:15 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:That's the one.

Thanks!

And I just managed to win an auction for one on Ebay!
It was surprisingly easy :shifty:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:50 am

Yeah, seeing as how often fans complain about the absence those images in the scene, one would think that they’re harder to track down or that the prints are overpriced to the point of absurdity. But the DVDs are shockingly easy to find at reasonable prices. I personally love the interviews with Weta Workshop on that disc for the since canned Live Action Eva adaptation.

CSManiac33
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CSManiac33 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:05 am

So I have watched Death(true) and Death(true)^2 side to side and here is all the differences I noticed.

1. There is an impact frame before the 2nd Impact in Death(true)^2 that is not found in Death(true).

2. In Death(true)^2 when Misato is talking to Shinji at Nerv after he ran away, when it cuts to Misato's face covered in shadow, you can make out an outline of her nose and her hair from her face while in Death(true) it is all black. (This one may just be due to Death(true)^2 being in HD while Death(true) is in SD)

3. In Death(true) when Rei I is getting chocked and it zooms into her eyes to show Kaworu, during that entire scene and until Shinji wakes up in the entry plug, there is scene in the upper right corner of a silhouette of Shinji playing the bass.

4. The scene of Adam on Gendo's hand is omitted in Death(true).

5. In Death(true)^2, when Shinji is looking at the ruins of Tokyo-3, it cuts to shots of Misato crying, Asuka crying, the Reiquarium, the Reiquarium dying, and Ritsuko on her knees on the ground. All of these shots but the Reiquarium dying shot are not in Death(true).

6. Each section of the credits in Death(true) take longer to start.

7. The first section of the credits has more credits in Death(true)^2.

8. There is no intermission in Death(true). (May have just had an actually commercial break instead).

9. Most of the framing in Death(true) is farther down and to the left. (Again also probably just because Death(true) is un-remastered)

I did not compare any of the audio.

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:15 am

View Original PostCSManiac33 wrote:3. In Death(true) when Rei I is getting [choked] and it zooms into her eyes to show Kaworu, during that entire scene and until Shinji wakes up in the entry plug, there is scene in the upper right corner of a silhouette of Shinji playing the bass.

This was a mistake in the video mastering done by King Records. They had to offer a disc replacement program for that issue, as it's not the kind of thing that can be overlooked.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:59 am

Long time no see, svenge.

View Original Postsvenge wrote:
View Original PostCSManiac33#885433 wrote:3. In Death(true) when Rei I is getting [choked] and it zooms into her eyes to show Kaworu, during that entire scene and until Shinji wakes up in the entry plug, there is scene in the upper right corner of a silhouette of Shinji playing the bass.

This was a mistake in the video mastering done by King Records. They had to offer a disc replacement program for that issue, as it's not the kind of thing that can be overlooked.

How did such a content-altering mistake get overlooked during the mastering process, I wonder? Did the replacement disc take care of any of the ghosting issues?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”