Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Never understood why people believed the Khara2 Twitter account was run by Anno himself. That’s almost an impossibility. It’s very rare for professional filmmakers of his age (approaching 60) to bother with social media & the ones who do are usually much younger &/or do so through their own personal Twitter/Social media accounts. The Khara 2 Twitter account is clearly the “friendly-let-fans-in-behind-the-scenes” social media account in contrast to their more traditional official Khara account.

It’s probably Anno’s assistant or who oversees the account. Someone whose job is to always be present to help Anno with whatever requests he may have at any given moment - whether that be bringing up storyboards for a specific scene on a laptop, writing down notes or just getting the man a coffee - but who also needs to be invisible and quiet when meetings and the like are going on. I’ve done the job of a Director’s Assistant before, it’s a thankless job with long hours of inactivity between bouts of serious work and it would be the perfect job to run an on the ground social media account from.

The Khara Prime accounts is probably where trailers, posters and major announcements will still come from first but the Khara2 account is where you’ll get glimpses of what they’re doing and what might be coming next. They’re clearly far enough along in production that they’re confident enough to tell the world they’re doing some kind of work in the editing room on the film. That’s a big deal.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 pm

Man oh man, more teasing(?) about that tracking shot with the lights. "New (shin) anime photographing"

I'm starting to wonder if it's something that will be part of an eventual trailer, or simply a visual effect within the film proper? Hmm.

Edit: One of the Japanese replies pointed out that its similar (the same?) effect for the Studio Khara logo.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Whatever it ends up being - most likely used as reference for a digital effect in the final film - I’m loving the film school like playing around & experimenting that is going on at Khara!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:One of the Japanese replies pointed out that its similar (the same?) effect for the Studio Khara logo.

So, is that an indication they're just starting to put the movie together?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:55 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Man oh man, more teasing(?) about that tracking shot with the lights. "New (shin) anime photographing"

I'm starting to wonder if it's something that will be part of an eventual trailer, or simply a visual effect within the film proper? Hmm.

Edit: One of the Japanese replies pointed out that its similar (the same?) effect for the Studio Khara logo.

:???:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:15 am

Joseki wrote:Image

:???:

Isn't that Unit-13 opening the Doors of Guf?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:21 am

I believe Joseki is making the same association I made last week, that the light effect may have something to do with that mysterious glowing object seen within Guf, which we will surely see more of in the final film.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:22 am

On the camera it kinda looks like an Angel's eye blasts or a cross explosion like when the Vessel of the Adams died.
View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:So, is that an indication they're just starting to put the movie together?

Not necessarily. A movie like this isn't made in sequential order.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:30 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:I believe Joseki is making the same association I made last week, that the light effect may have something to do with that mysterious glowing object seen within Guf, which we will surely see more of in the final film.

Well, it is almost inevitable that there will be a fifth impact in Final, or even multiple impacts.

BlueBasilisk wrote:On the camera it kinda looks like an Angel's eye blasts or a cross explosion like when the Vessel of the Adams died.

Or the flashes on the eye catches/opening title of the original anime.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:37 am

I don't know if the previous Rebuilds had live-action shot effects, but if this is new, it might just be stuff Anno learned doing Shin Godzilla, and implementing it in Eva.
That film continues to be a blessing.

And honestly if the teased "Final Impact" happens, I expect all kinds of weirdness. I think this is just an introduction.

I also wonder if it will be distinguishable that this is "real" light in the film.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:And honestly if the teased "Final Impact" happens, I expect all kinds of weirdness. I think this is just an introduction.

Weirdness is a too harmless word for something like a Impact.

It' ll be sick and cruel, especially when Asuka and Kats hate Shinji till this very moment and realise too late that it was all wrong.

Their suffering and failure 'll be put big on display.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm

It’s weird that Anno is photographing live-action lights for an animated project, right? Like, that seems to me to be one of the most easily made effects in all of animation. I can’t think of anything that would necessitate any live action sources like that.

I wonder what he has up his sleeve. I can’t wait to find out!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Live action photography is used as reference material for animation all the time.
Even simple lighting effects.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:56 pm

I feel kinda silly getting excited over a couple guys playing with a flashlight in a dark room. :lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:

Dying Angel Explosion

:scanners_head: or smilie related

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:I feel kinda silly getting excited over a couple guys playing with a flashlight in a dark room. :lol:

It's been so long that anything is good news,
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:42 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:I feel kinda silly getting excited over a couple guys playing with a flashlight in a dark room. :lol:

Which means that when we see actual movie footage we will actually explode.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:41 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Which means that when we see actual movie footage we will actually explode.

And it'll either look like this  SPOILER: Show
Or this  SPOILER: Show

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:30 pm

A combination of both.
We will all ascend.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:29 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:We will all ascend.

Sounds about right
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:46 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:It’s weird that Anno is photographing live-action lights for an animated project, right?

I thought it was TMBounty_Hunter that theorized post-3.0, that FINAL having live action elements incorporated would be pretty likely? It'll be exciting to see if those hunches are true :D
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”