Darling in the Franxx (Studio Trigger)

All Studio Trigger stuff goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Darling in the Franxx (Studio Trigger)

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:28 pm

So this is how one feels when you like a show far more than nearly everyone else, weird.

It depends on how it connects with you.
But actually I feel the same, since there are people who think the show is really bad, and I don't agree. So I defend it quite a bit.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:14 am

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:So this is how one feels when you like a show far more than nearly everyone else, weird.

kuribo-04 wrote:It depends on how it connects with you.
But actually I feel the same, since there are people who think the show is really bad, and I don't agree. So I defend it quite a bit.

Same for me. Strelitzia Awakening gives me the feels at this point
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:04 am

Episode 14 PV
seems to be causing a little bit of a stir.

SPOILER: Show
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:03 pm

And here I was, thinking that Ep 13 hit in the feels. Wow.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:01 pm

/a/ seems to be in meltdown now†. The absolute state of oni-fags.

Also twitter (read the thread)

More than 30 threads active (43 at 20:00, still 37 as of 21:24).

Edit 13:40, Sun 15th -- still 40, nearly a day later.
Edit2 07:50, Mon 16th -- still 20 threads up
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:46 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:/a/ seems to be in meltdown now†. The absolute state of oni-fags.

More than 30 threads active (37 as of 21:24).

I avoid /a/ like the devil avoids holy water

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:29 pm

So do I. May the chans burn in hell, no matter how much they're the cradle of pop culture nowadays.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Getting back on topic, one thing is for sure: Next episode, blood will be spilled

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:04 pm

A point I've seen raised elsewhere is that considering that Hiro could only pilot together with Zero Two and no one else, Ichigo having gotten rid of Zero Two is pretty much a death sentence for Hiro because he can't pilot and thus has outlived his usefulness.

Ichigo might think she can leverage the rest of the squad to make their superiors back off on the issue, but I personally feel that she's gonna get a rude reality-check if she tried.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:13 am

I'm pretty calm, cool and collected in this forum, but I have to admit that this series started by pissing me off, and episode 14 brought me right back to that after the series had started to become really enjoyable. I see nothing but Evangelion parallels everywhere in the first chunk of episodes. A young boy who doesn't believe in himself considers running away, however, after watching someone be hurt, decides to try to fight anyways. After getting into this massive organic machine, it becomes more human, and goes berserk, with the young boy losing consciousness. That's not all, there are mirrored shots everywhere in the first like 6 episodes, and the entire series just feels like a massive ripoff of a million things that came before it at first, but then it starts getting more original.

This is first shown when the children are allowed into the city inside their Plantation, which looks to be a beautiful mix of the best parts of both New York City and Tokyo from the outside, but as code 666 discovers (I don't remember that little shit's name), the city is much more cold and clinical than it looks from the outside. People don't interact with each other unless they absolutely need to, the polar opposite of what Parasites do, and the entire city feels cold and empty, disconnected and dead. I wouldn't be surprised if the kind old woman Little Shit met was his mother. It's stated that humans stopped having children, but this makes no damn sense, seeing as how the Kindergarten is still full of kids. It's likely that partners have children, who are taken to the Kindergarten, and taught that humans don't have kids anymore, to discourage them from doing so, and lifting this restriction once they become adults and live in the cities inside the Plantations.

Dr. Franxx is a super interesting character, I really hope we get more of him as the series goes on. He seems like this kindly old man on the outside, but this is shown to be not true at all in episode 13 when you see that he
is the main one behind the "experimentation" and study of 002.
He seems almost Gendo Ikari-like, but much more social and with a mask that hides his true personality. It's quite strange that Zero Two is so docile around him in episode 1, considering what he did, although this makes me wonder if her memories were altered
as well as Hiro's.

The faux beach episode made me nearly drop the series until it was revealed to be a front for serious world-building when
Stingy from Lazytown finds the remains of a city.
I really love all the character interactions here, they feel very Neon Genesis-like, in that everyone is separate and unsure how to feel genuine emotions in this post apocalyptic world, but they become closer over time.
I know Big Chungus is meant to be a comic relief character (haha he fat boy haha), but I nearly teared up when his partner decided to try riding with Stingy from Lazytown. Seeing him in genuine pain was really sad, he's just this big lovable goof, he doesn't deserve this, she broke a promise.

Now to talk about episode 13 and 14. Oh boy.
Smol Zero Two was way too cute. The character designers and animators really nailed that fusion of human and Oni, she feels very animalistic in her original Oni form. I really enjoyed how the flashback worked, I usually hate flashbacks in fiction, but this was done well and explained in-universe. My only issue is that if Hiro was diving into Zero Two's mind, why did he see his memories as well? Unless they were transferred to her for some reason, this makes no goddamn sense. I feel like the episode ended perfectly, and was a great opportunity to open episode 14 with characters all talking seriously with each other and Hiro and Zero Two getting closer. In hindsight, I'm SO glad this wasn't done. It's exactly what we expected for a week, seeing exactly that would've been like "oh shit rad", but completely subverting our expectations AND pissing us off by making Ichigo this selfish child caused so much more powerful emotions in so many people than a regular reunion episode. It puts us in Hiro's position, makes us feel his frustration. I really want to see where the writers go with this, how Hiro and Ichigo and Zero Two and everyone else grows and learns from these events.

View Original Postran1 wrote:Sex becomes the solution and not the fundamental problem. And as aesthetic icing on the critical cake -- it blazes forth in an accelerationist afterburn of magnificent visuals that cement its brilliant commentary and prop it erect against the backdrop of otaku-incel-wish-fufillment trash. It's the Jungian antidote to the Freudian disease of Otakudom.

Yamakan was right in part -- anime is being saved, just not by him. Darling in the Franxx is saving anime.

Japan: Crazy low birthrates, antisocial, very cold and professional
FranXX Earth: Humans supposedly just don't have children anymore, once children become adults they live in an enormous city where they barely interact with each other, entirety of Human society feels empty and mechanical, no one needs anyone else anymore

Holy Jesus
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:25 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:Stingy from Lazytown
Who? ... Oh, from context, you must mean
Milkman  SPOILER: Show

Holy Jesus
Did you mean "Praise Abe?"

Official stance

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:02 am

new PV

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:57 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:new PV

I have to restrain myself so much not to click on this and give in to the spoilers...ish

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:48 pm

This series is definitely being as entertaining as Haruhi S2 was --'DARLING In The FRANKXX' Team Sent Death Threats Following Controversial Episode (that's episode 14, last week's).

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:This series is definitely being as entertaining as Haruhi S2 was --'DARLING In The FRANKXX' Team Sent Death Threats Following Controversial Episode (that's episode 14, last week's).

Quite franxxly (excuse the pun, I had to) it kinda reminds me of Episodes 15/26 of NGE ^^

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:54 am

I may have been right after all in my estimation of what went on in episode 1.

Yes, episode 15 spoiler  SPOILER: Show

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Japan: Crazy low birthrates, antisocial, very cold and professional
FranXX Earth: Humans supposedly just don't have children anymore, once children become adults they live in an enormous city where they barely interact with each other, entirety of Human society feels empty and mechanical, no one needs anyone else anymore

Holy Jesus

Good observation.

As I've mentioned, I'm always behind. So I'll comment now on the 14 thing.
I hope this doesn't bother people.

I expected what happened in 14 sooner or later, it was a good episode, and that people are getting death threats over that is insane.
I think it's silly to watch somebody else's story and expect it to cater to you specifically (and to just want it to be shipping wish fulfillment), but this is actually crazy.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Yeah, here we go, time for the turning point.

They were humans all along is super cliche, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. This episode practically confirms it. Still, it's all about the execution.
This episode could have toned down the CG a bit though.

For me, Darling in the Franxx could have ended this episode and it still would have been one of the best anime in recent years for me. It's one of those anime were I'm super excited for every episode.

Oh man, I can't wait for the new arc to start!
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Justacrazyguy wrote:
They were humans all along is super cliche, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. This episode practically confirms it. Still, it's all about the execution.
This episode could have toned down the CG a bit though.

You watch enough anime and you learn that this is usually the case. :wink:

Yea, this weeks episodes was truly awesome. You knew things were going to get real once they skipped the OP. When the hell was the last time you saw a mech cry?? Glad they didn't drag out the disconnect between Hiro and 02, and it was nice to see her piloting on her own as opposed to sortying with one of those disposable stooges they showed at the end of last episode. The episode reminded me of my favorite episode of NGE(Episode 19. Though the Klaxosaur definitely wasn't as scary as old Zereul{it looked like a Jawa's ship]. Those pilots who were carrying out "Order 32" or whatever they called it kinda looked like Zerogouki holding onto the N2 bomb.) and like with Eva I'm thinking Dar Frank is going to be getting darker and maybe more confusing or something. Which isn't to say I think the shows an Eva ripoff.
Justacrazyguy wrote: It's one of those anime were I'm super excited for every episode.

Yea, every Saturday once I wake up I basically see how fast I can get some coffee made and the show on the TV.

kuribo-04 wrote: I think it's silly to watch somebody else's story and expect it to cater to you specifically (and to just want it to be shipping wish fulfillment), but this is actually crazy.

Yea, I agree, though it can be pretty easy to get emotionally invested in a piece of fiction. Still though, definitely not a nice way to act. And even if you don't like Ichigo(which I don't, really) it made for nice drama, which is one of the reasons we look forward to watching this show in the first place.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:44 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:Yea, this weeks episodes was truly awesome. You knew things were going to get real once they skipped the OP. When the hell was the last time you saw a mech cry?? Glad they didn't drag out the disconnect between Hiro and 02, and it was nice to see her piloting on her own as opposed to sortying with one of those disposable stooges they showed at the end of last episode.

Well, there was no way for things not to get real... I mean, from where Ep 13 and 14 left off, anything else would have been poor writing and a major slap in the face. On a more positive note, this episode combines everything I love about this show: Relatable characters, great action, amazing soundtrack and some of the sweetest scenes in recent memory. Also a bit of midgames when they left for the mission and were all positive, all I could think of was "well fuck, they're all gonna die horribly now", Leliel-effect to the max. Really glad they didnt go there tho, a nice way to [I couldnt remember the word that goes here to save my live] the viewers expectations of "OOooohhh shit everything will go down from now on"

The episode reminded me of my favorite episode of NGE(Episode 19. Though the Klaxosaur definitely wasn't as scary as old Zereul{it looked like a Jawa's ship]. Those pilots who were carrying out "Order 32" or whatever they called it kinda looked like Zerogouki holding onto the N2 bomb.) and like with Eva I'm thinking Dar Frank is going to be getting darker and maybe more confusing or something. Which isn't to say I think the shows an Eva ripoff.

Exactly my thoughts: "this is Zeruel all over here". Althought the face reminds me more of a mix between Godzilla and Unit 02, especially with the four eyes and the very Eva-like teeth

Yea, every Saturday once I wake up I basically see how fast I can get some coffee made and the show on the TV.

Your're lucky... I had to wait until 1am this time until it was finally awailable for me

Return to “Studio Trigger”