Talking about guns in Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Talking about guns in Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:13 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Unit 08's handguns seem like fairly normal guns scaled up to giant size and they're able to blow the head clean off an Eva in a couple shots. But then you have that sniper rifle which looks like it has a traffic light mounted on the end of the barrel.

Thats just a muzzle brake. There are quite a number of real sniper rifles that have it as well - it just means that the gun packs a significant punch
SPOILER: Show

This one actually looks somewhat similar to the one on the Q sniper rifle:

And if you look at some tank muzzle brakes, the design doesnt seem all that unreasonable anymore
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:55 am

Huh, neat! I've never seen a gun with one of those before. The more you know!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:47 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Huh, neat! I've never seen a gun with one of those before. The more you know!

Well, they are kinda rare... only there when they are really needed, so I can see where the confusion is coming from. And on tanks they are no longer in use since a few decades, because modern ammo is fin-stabilized, and said fins would get caught in the brake and rip apart both the barrel and the projectile
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Overlord0209
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Overlord0209 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:41 am

The rifle with have a self contained belt system much like the A10 tank buster in real life instead of ejecting shells it is contained in a belt and fed back into the ammo storage. Also to support this ass seen in the model kits all the rifles have a chain system fed between the 2 circular mechanisms which most likely move the chain to feed the ammo into the chamber and then move the empty casing back around until the rifle is empty.

It will then need to be retrieved by nerv and connected to a dedicated ammo chain removal and insertion system like again with the A10 if you look this up on YouTube you can see one of these in action.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 pm

I assume you're talking about the original post there; it would make sense for them to have a system like that, yeah. The Pallet Rifle's ammo system is a bit weird anyway and can't really get reloaded, so I don't super love that part of it, but it's not bad, either.
Alternatively, it could also have cartridgeless ammo, wouldn't be the worst choice at that size

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”