Evangelion Video Game Designs

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

gruntyguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gruntyguy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:37 am

So I've been thinking about more mechanics, in particular an important aspect of Evangelions: Their momentum. A special and important momentum system. So I quickly whipped this up to explain it.
SPOILER: Show

Basically this eliminates stopping on a dime like some games do. This would take into account any previous momentum built up.
It would also add some strategy to engagements. You would need to take into account the distance between you and the enemy, both of your movement speed, and direction.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:32 am

View Original PostPainXIII12 wrote:i would make r2 and L2 the dodge buttons

Yeah, I agree. Maybe it's just the games that I've played, but I'm used to L1 and R1 being the aim/attack buttons on a PlayStation 3 controller, so I'd rather make L2 and R2 the dodging buttons. However, I've noticed that on Xbox 360 games it seems to be the other way around. (Again, this might be just the games that I've played, so your mileage may vary.) -o-;
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Caliburn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caliburn » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, it depends on the game, since different games have different needs and there isn't a standardized control scheme.

But as I understand it, the reason some games use the left and right triggers for aim and attack on the Xbox360 but use the left and right bumpers for aim and attack on the PS3 is because the triggers on the 360 controller have a springy and responsive feeling whereas the triggers on the PS3 controller are a bit floppier and give more easily. Therefore the bumpers on the PS3 are often used instead because they feel a bit better to mash.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:38 am

Caliburn wrote:But as I understand it, the reason some games use the left and right triggers for aim and attack on the Xbox360 but use the left and right bumpers for aim and attack on the PS3 is because the triggers on the 360 controller have a springy and responsive feeling whereas the triggers on the PS3 controller are a bit floppier and give more easily. Therefore the bumpers on the PS3 are often used instead because they feel a bit better to mash.

Oh, so that's why! Cool, thanks for taking the time to explain it! I really appreciate that.
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

EbilJebus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EbilJebus » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:00 am

I know I'm kinda late to the thread, but the customization stuff on the first page reminded me of the Flash-based Create-An-Eva made for Adeptus Evangelion: http://horobox.co.uk/u/ShepherdsPie_1326766099.swf (it's nice, but it could use a bit of updating)

Edit: Some more stuff from Siege, who is (was?) one of the primary artists for Adeptus Evangelion:
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/vin_x_endustryal/media/Adeptus%20Evangelion/scraps/ex.jpg.html

Here's a few links for his stuff:

Primary AdEva Gallery
AdEva Scraps Gallery
Siege's Tumblr
Assorted AdEva Stuff (some Siege, some not)

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:15 am

View Original Postiihieiii wrote:OMG Amazing work bro! Nice concepts and drawning skills!

The main problem by making a game with Eva series is the concept behind it...i mean...i believe that the only possible way to make any Eva game should be "Angels vs Eva's" fight kinda style....and also past games also tryied doing that before (like 64 and some PC games)...and they were not successful =/

So...i don't really now if is possible to make good Eva game....idk..the concept of Eva is hard to make a game about it...but hey...your ideas are nice anyway :D

but even so....maybe one day we may have a good Eva game :tongue:

The main thing is that you have to make the story secondary or non-existant, since making the Angel encounters play out exactly like they do in the show wouldn't be fun gameplay.

The game should be about battling the Angels, first and foremost. Basically an Eva-themed Shadow of the Colossus. Whatever you do though, don't turn things into QTE sequences to make the battles play out exactly like the show. If a particular Angel is too difficult to make a non-QTE gameplay sequence out of, then the Angel needs to be tweaked until it works for the gameplay, not the other way around.

Koo
Embryo

Re: Evangelion Video Game Designs

•      
  •      

Postby Koo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:19 pm

so this is dead, huh

lu1000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lu1000 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:08 pm

this proyect die?
i hope you can finish them
well im triting this in unreal engine, is a little bad but.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2udRaYKbk&t=2s

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Man I really wish this project wouldn't die. I think someone should start a discord to gather people around that are interested in turning this idea into reality

lu1000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lu1000 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:42 am

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Looks pretty interesting IMHO.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

lu1000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lu1000 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:52 pm

Return to “Fan Works”