Debate the quality of Rebuild here. [2]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Debate the quality of Rebuild here. [2]

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:When Rebuild is complete, I'm sure many people will look back differently on 3.0 with the last film giving closure.
I personally never had an issue with 3.0 though.
I think I insta-gave up on making sense of a lot of things of the plot.
And I think all the juicy stuff is on a more symbolic level in the film as well.

There was quite a bit of backlash over 2.0 when it came out for having 'generic anime shit,' but 3.0 changed some of those opinions. There was also a lot of arguing over N3I was supposed to be viewed and what kind of fallout it would have.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

TheFriskyIan
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:31 pm

With the years going by, and having gone through a variety of life experiences, I find myself much more sympathetic to Q than I originally was when viewing it for the first time. While the plot holes and poor decisions made by the characters still force me to make a face mixed with disappointment and confusion, the story it's telling with Shinji and his emotional/mental well being is far more important and shines through all the nitpicky flaws in the film. I rewatched the movie about three weeks ago when I was probably at the lowest point in my life so far and I never had such a mind-blowing time watching a movie I had watched to death a good 30+ times in the past five years.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:53 pm

I think everyone will have a change of opinion on the films once FINAL comes out. With any luck, FINAL will clear up a few thing and give us more clarity on the overall series.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”