Tactical Control Room Assets

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
nnoby
Embryo

Tactical Control Room Assets

•      
  •      

Postby nnoby » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:19 am

The maps used here are extremely complicated and detailed, surely they weren't hand drawn. Was CG used? If so how? What programs were used? Was it printed and copied onto the cel or overlayed digitally? How could I recreate this? Where should I go for more information? In depth answers are appreciated
(images in spoilers)
SPOILER: Show

---

vvv These hud-like effects and text certainly couldn't have been hand-drawn with computer precision, not to mention I don't think cel paintings can have this kind of transperency
SPOILER: Show

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Tactical Control Room Assets

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 pm

The storyboards make reference to Macs when digital assets are required, but nothing so specific as a program. Maybe look into what kinds of CAD programs were available for the Mac in the mid 90s. Sorry I can't be any more helpful than that.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

nnoby
Embryo

Re: Tactical Control Room Assets

•      
  •      

Postby nnoby » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Thank you
Is there an easy rescource where I can see all the storyboards? I’m curious how they compare to the finished graphics.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”