Personal Status After Rebuild

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Zeruel
Zeruel

Personal Status After Rebuild

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:06 pm

I alluded to this in another thread which probably wasn’t my best move so to remedy that, i will place my thoughts on my own topic place.

I am officially retiring from Eva as soon as the last Rebuild comes out for viewing. Probably won’t even bother with home video purchase in the future because i wish to follow other pursuits. There are real life activities i am denying myself in favor of too much daily consumption of anime in general so the time is now to enjoy. I might show up now and then but in my own time. Thank you to everyone here for supporting me and Eva for this long!
Gundam Wing is the N-Sync of mecha anime. - NemZ

Shinji Ikari Expy
Embryo

Re: Personal Status After Rebuild

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji Ikari Expy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:04 pm

I've thought about the doing the same thing, but honestly — we're all going to be digesting the final movie (and NTE as a whole) for awhile. Just like every other Eva ending, 3.0+1.0 is going to be a) difficult to understand, requiring multiple viewings to fully comprehend the information available to the audience and b) ambiguous and open to interpretation.

I'm going to give myself a few viewings of FINAL (and probably one rewatch of NGE + End of Evangelion) before I put Evangelion away for good. But I get it: you shouldn't spend so much time thinking and talking about a single sci-fi/anime franchise. None of us should.

I'd love to forget about Evangelion for a few years and then rediscover it, and remember how it made me feel when I first watched it.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:30 pm

We talked about NGE and EoE for ten years, before there was even Rebuild. Why not ten more years? :w00t:
- Sachi

I host the unofficial EGF discord server. Join us! https://discord.gg/WqS7wRW
I also host a more general nerdy server for various fandoms: https://discord.gg/wWYPwjb

CwolfC
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CwolfC » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:00 pm

But.... But... i just joined the club >.<... man what i missed out on for 10 years

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:15 pm

I don't see any reason to stop enjoying the NGE fandom when Rebuild's done. Unlike a lot of places on the internet, its nice here. And I could certainly talk about NGE and NTE for 10 more years.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Zeruss
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeruss » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:15 am

Can't disclose much, but that contract I signed with Belphegor in exchange for a cute Ritsuko figurine forces me to remain an Eva fan for 17 additional years.
Such is the terrible burden I must endure...
I'm a lurker at heart.

Gendo'sPapa
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:53 am

I'll stick around but will certainly be less frequent. Probably will stick to the Film thread and some other discussion sections. I'll treat the Rebuild section like I do the general NGE sections on here - there's occasionally a good conversation that I'll throw my two cents into but in general I'll ignore most of the talk because it doesn't interest me. I'll have made up my own opinions on what does & doesn't work in Rebuild - like I have NGE - and probably won't get into discussing it a forum much because for the life of me I never want to find myself in another discussion with some brick wall of a person about how "Just because Asuka has a much smaller role that doesn't mean Rebuild is awful".

Though why do people talk about Eva like it's a 9-to-5 job? Retire? Is there a pension plan or paperwork I'm unaware of?
You can be a passionate Eva fan and still enjoy other things and have a life. I don't believe one cancels out the other.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”