Dealing with being thirty

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Dealing with being thirty

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:03 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:It looks like everybody fell into a pit of tinsel.

Funny that back in my 20's, I thought people tend to go gray or bald maybe in their 40's the earliest. How sadly I was mistaken :lol:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:18 pm

IDK if I can consider this part of the mid life crisis or not, but part of the reason why I am considering dropping Evangelion out of my anime viewing radar as soon as 3.0+1.0 comes out is because life is too short. I am thirty years old and I don't feel like I am contributing enough to the world at large. I have never had a job, I don't have a driver's license because driving has always scared me due to the crash factor, I have forgotten things like cooking noodles and making coffee which I used to do with efficiency, and idk how to deal with all these issues other than buckling down and making some sacrifices, especially when it comes to hanging around the house watching anime all day. I am sure that whatever Khara makes for the franchise after Anno stops making his Rebuilds will be awesome too but I feel like it's contributing to the problem waiting day after day for even an inkling of info.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:48 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Funny that back in my 20's, I thought people tend to go gray or bald maybe in their 40's the earliest. How sadly I was mistaken :lol:
Among my college contemporaries, there was one chap who had the full tonsure and another almost as grey as I am now, both at age 21.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:53 am

I was balding too but I think it is more due to stress or whatever...

Also, how do deal with the feeling where you compare yourself to other people? The feeling that you haven't accomplished anything? Or the feeling that it is too lat eto accomplish or try anything because you are old now?
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:03 pm

Gus, it's since 2018 since you posted this, and I don't know in which predicment you'r found yourself, but being now since 2019 in a similar situation to you'r, just what you'r describing is disturbingly familliar to how I'm currently "spending" (...) my life :dejected:

I hope thing are better for you now :ritsuko_mug:
Ban me forever.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:30 pm

Well, I’m about to turn 30 at the end of this year, which is about another month. To be honest, I’m not looking forward to that myself, feeling like I’ll miss my 20’s.

I don’t know what advice to give except try to bear with it. Some people told it’s not that bad.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Are you adressing to me? I'm sorry if I sound like passive-agressive but to me, is it that's bad. I have enough. :facepalm:
Ban me forever.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:36 pm

No, it's not that bad. I too had a dread of turning 30, but it turned out that the transition from 29 to 30 wasn't important! The only nuisance is that the arbitrariness of it all makes it harder for me to get along with people younger than me at times, they expect something different the moment they learn my age! It's more of a psychological thing than anything else.

I don't think any two people have the same trajectory in life, so what someone is in their 20s or their 30s can be arbitrary. I know one guy who had a rather miserable 20s but who did well in his 30s and was quite happy about it!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:53 am

Read my post. I'm not talking about turning 30, since first of all I'm just 22 and I was talking about being in a situation where to Gus was like too. Which mean staying home everydays, not contrubating to the society, staying on the computer everyday.

And it's suck.
Ban me forever.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:35 am

Ursus just shared his opinion and aspect on the topic, nothing else. He wasn't indicating/replying to someone.
About the topic: I don't know. I'm in my 20-30s. Though i don't wanna be exactly specific.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:47 am

Yes, I had meant it to be a general quote, although my first sentence "It's not so bad" was addressed at Line, because I interpreted her as worrying that her 30s would be bad based on what her life was at 22.

I hate to sound cliche, but you are not alone and I know how you feel. There has been enough damage to livelihoods and careers lately, and you need not feel personally hopeless about it. Also, you're 22 by your own admission, and that leaves plenty more time for you. We live in a society where everyone is made to feel that if they haven't gotten into their dream university by 17 and dream job by 21 they're a failure, but those things are wrong. You may not feel like you're able to contribute now, but who's to say what you may be doing in another 5 years' time? You may turn out to do plenty well.

Case in point - Hideaki Anno felt like he was a failure and a hopeless man who was running away from everything, and this was in his early 30s. He turned the anger and self-hatred from his sense of failure into creativity and gave us Neon Genesis Evangelion. It was painful for him, but he put out a masterpiece with very little to rival it.

You may not be Anno, but that doesn't mean that you are out or condemned to be "unproductive" for the rest of your life.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:05 pm

The other problem I have is to wait for the lockdown like many other in France to fall off, normally the 15th december. Then maybe will I probably be able to get out of my house and go to some associations to doing some activities the afternoon, then go back in my house the evening.

What I'm scared, is that's they pull off a dislock in for the time of the festivities(Christmas, New Eve), and then boom again a lockdown for three months more.

Is there a topic about the lockdown where I can complain here?

EDIT: Thank you very much for you message, Ursus :glomp: Despite not showing any aknowlegement for it, is it a very warm one!
Ban me forever.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:28 pm

View Original PostLine wrote:Is there a topic about the lockdown where I can complain here?
We avoid the touchy issues of the day, after the bad experiences some years ago with the experimental and now graveyarded "Serious Discussion" forum. There are enough other places on the 'net for such things, and we already have Rei vs Asuka as a contentious enough on-topic subject of debate.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Line, I know for me I've actually felt more comfortable with myself in my 30's, or at least more confident that I can change my situation if I'm not comfortable. I hope that'll be true for you too.

As for Covid complaints, people have been dropping some real honesty here and there about how difficult it is to be alive in the year 2020. So far it's been okay just so long as we don't discuss specific policies and stuff.

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Yes, in fact, I just want to discuss the difficulties it brought to the quotidien altought discussing the politics side of it is very tempting, :evillaugh: :emogendo: since it's a issue kinda tied into politic and governement, and vice versa so..

I'm stoping here and I let you discuss between yourself or I might drive the topic away with my tangents if it's has been not already done :ritsuko_mug:
Ban me forever.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:41 pm

View Original PostLine wrote:EDIT: Thank you very much for you message, Ursus :glomp: Despite not showing any aknowlegement for it, is it a very warm one!

You are most welcome! ^_^ I don't think you're on the EvaGeeks Discord or I would definitely chat with you there. I know how you feel. Like Freaky says, 2020 has been a horrible year for many people.

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Nah I'm not on it. I have already many socials reseaux networks already and some that's I forgotten that's I created for stupid impulses on others various sites, so I'm not going to create ANOTHER ONE :deskbang: ! I have first off to remove freshness of this one account :tongue: and maybe I'll see later.

But all sites of the like Amino, Discord Twitch don't seem to be my cup of tea. Sorry :(

2020 is rough, indeed...

Is the destin gonna change in the next year? Or we will be yet again puppets of the destiny?... fu fu fu... :chuckles:
Ban me forever.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:23 pm

Ending 2020 is gonna feel like Frodo tossing the One Ring into Mount Doom, and we're all gonna be like "It's over! It's done!" We're all gonna collapse in exhaustion and talk about what we loved about the Shire and all that good, wholesome stuff.

Then 2021 will come about with the subtitle "The Scourging of the Shire."

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:10 pm

yaaaas, it gonna be worse, but I will never forget how horrible of a year it was :facepalm:

EDIT: My precious 2021... My precious!! :pwnd: :money: :mwahaha:
Ban me forever.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:21 pm

I don't think Frodo is going to be able to toss that ring into Mount Doom until a vaccine arrives - and the "Scourging of the Shire" means that there's still a Wizard to deal with!

View Original PostLine wrote:Nah I'm not on it. I have already many socials reseaux networks already and some that's I forgotten that's I created for stupid impulses on others various sites

Thank heavens Discord is not one of the regular socials reseaux - "les reseaux sont terrible" and all that! I'm off of social networking in the regular sense because it all sucks!

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”