How did you first get into Evangelion?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: How did you first get into Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:16 am

robersora's right, yes, Madoka seems exactly like something you may enjoy. I certainly did.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

ACGT-Samael
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:11 am

I'd heard a few mentions of the franchise growing up, and I think I saw a theatrical trailer for one of the films at a cinema once (but I have no idea which one because the memory is so hazy). I didn't get a sense of what the series was until I saw a review of it by (and please don't kill me) Jesuotaku, at any point I went "looks pretty cool".

I watched it for the first time in my fourth year of University, but I didn't really start to get into it until very recently, when I rewatched the series on my birthday less than two months ago. I only watched the Rebuild films about three weeks after that, the first two in one night and the third later in the week. My original plan was to wait for Final and watch all 4 together, but I decided against that because Japanese films can take a year to come out on DVD after they leave theatres.

As an aside, Evangelion was the first "mecha" show I watched that wasn't a Transformers series (which don't technically count because they're sentient characters and not piloted armor).

fnikhall
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fnikhall » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:12 pm

I saw a trailer for 2.0 online at some point and thought it looked cool. Since it was a sequel I did some googling to see if I could find where I could watch the first movie. During my research I found out about the original series and so I watched that and EoE over the summer of that year. I thought it was really cool and watching the show led me to this site years ago. I only just created an account because I just got reinterested in the series after watching 3.33 at a friend of mine's apartment. But yeah, been a fan for probably 5 or 6 years now I guess

ACruelAngelsThesis
Embryo

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby ACruelAngelsThesis » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 pm

View Original PostACruelAngelsThesis wrote:A friend of mine two months ago, told me he was watching Eva. I heard of it, I knew it was about robots or something. He then said I should watch it, so I was in marathoner mood and I watched 1-24 and EOE in 24 hours. My mind was fucking blown. I loved it. I loved everything about Eva, it slowly became my favourite anime series of all time, and I watched Rebuilds and loved 2.22. One of my favourite movies. Now I have 2.22, Volume 2 on DVD and volume 3 of the manga. Love Eva.

Just logged on here for the first time since February 2013, I still fucking love it! My favourite fictional series ever.
I know...I know I've let you down...

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”