Semi-obscure Evangelion related stuff

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ReiIsTopTierWaifu
Embryo

Semi-obscure Evangelion related stuff

•      
  •      

Postby ReiIsTopTierWaifu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:01 am

So I was curious about people's thoughts on the alternate live action sequence for End of Evangelion, not the one in the movie, but a cut scene which is 11:16 minutes long, and basically follows a world without Shinji and how different it would be, an alternate reality like the one shown in episode 26, yet it doesn't involve Shinji, I think it's pretty interesting seeing that Asuka has a relationship with Toji, and that it shows that she has a friendship with Rei in that universe, I think

Also I thought that those EvangelionxJRA commercials were pretty cool, wheee it promotes Japanese horse racing, pretty cool animation, Schick commercials were weird, a beardless Gendo is a odd loking Gendo

Also I heard of the story where Spike Spencer (voice acotr for Shinji) was asked to do an aids psa, and they needed a female, so he asked Tiffany Grant (voice actor for Asuka) they shot the psa in seperate booths, and apparently the people they sent the audio to never aired it due to it being too 'real', there's a video on YouTube called, 'Tiffany Grant interview @ Ramencon 2013' and around 7 minutes she discusses the psa, and how she has a cassetee of the audio, soooo, has anyone since then gathered any info on what happened with the audio

So, what are your guys favorite weird Evangelion commercials, and sponsored aid pass?
Rei is the most beautiful cupcake in all of anime, I wish I could unwrap her and eat her, indulging in her perfect white cream

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Semi-obscure Evangelion related stuff

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:44 am

Not exactly a commercial, but I will never get over Petit Eva-style Shinji, Rei and Asuka on a Doritos package.
EDIT: I found a photo of it:
SPOILER: Show
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:17 pm

I think the alternate live action sequence is beautiful, especially when at the end Shinji realizes how sad it is to not exist (and he has Anno's voice lol).

The best Eva commercial is the one where Gendo causes an Impact by shaving (Shick x Eva).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ReiIsTopTierWaifu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ReiIsTopTierWaifu » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Not exactly a commercial, but I will never get over Petit Eva-style Shinji, Rei and Asuka on a Doritos package.
EDIT: I found a photo of it:

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah they look adorable on the packaging, also I forgot if it was NGE or rebuild (I think it was rebuild) 1.0, they were advertising doritos, I think in the scene after Shinji's fight when Kids to and Shinji go to some type of convience store and you see two girls chatting about how unsafe it is, it shows a pacakge of doritos, interesting how Shinji and Asuka are on actual packaging for doritos, even if if was just for some time
Rei is the most beautiful cupcake in all of anime, I wish I could unwrap her and eat her, indulging in her perfect white cream

ReiIsTopTierWaifu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ReiIsTopTierWaifu » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:12 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I think the alternate live action sequence is beautiful, especially when at the end Shinji realizes how sad it is to not exist (and he has Anno's voice lol).

The best Eva commercial is the one where Gendo causes an Impact by shaving (Shick x Eva).

Yeah, the cut EoE sequence, right? I saw it too and it's interesting how Toji is Asuka's boyfriend as well as her not being happy with him, and I think (I think) Rei is her best friend, a world without Shinji, as well as it being a world without Gendo, Yui, Angels, Nerv, Seele, Mari...

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:21 am

View Original PostReiIsTopTierWaifu wrote:Yeah, the cut EoE sequence, right? I saw it too and it's interesting how Toji is Asuka's boyfriend as well as her not being happy with him, and I think (I think) Rei is her best friend, a world without Shinji, as well as it being a world without Gendo, Yui, Angels, Nerv, Seele, Mari...

I always felt the alt sequence is a nod to the Butterfly Effect in that your place in the world effects people around you very deeply even if its positive or negative and that in truth no one is a lonely island in the ocean as we can all influence people in many ways even if we don't realise it so when Shinji is gone his lack of presence is like a gapping hole for all the characters in different ways. On Rei being Asuka's friend that what I thought to and that is shown in at least three of the spin off Manga's.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

ReiIsTopTierWaifu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ReiIsTopTierWaifu » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:57 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I always felt the alt sequence is a nod to the Butterfly Effect in that your place in the world effects people around you very deeply even if its positive or negative and that in truth no one is a lonely island in the ocean as we can all influence people in many ways even if we don't realise it so when Shinji is gone his lack of presence is like a gapping hole for all the characters in different ways. On Rei being Asuka's friend that what I thought to and that is shown in at least three of the spin off Manga's.

Is one of them girlfriend of steel 2nd, Rei and Asuka become pretty good friends by volume #6, it's cool seeing the characters befriend in eachother in the mangas instead of them having intense dislike towards a one another, and it really is both cool/sad how without Shinji the entire Evangelion world seems completely differnet

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:43 pm

View Original PostReiIsTopTierWaifu wrote:Is one of them girlfriend of steel 2nd, Rei and Asuka become pretty good friends by volume #6, it's cool seeing the characters befriend in eachother in the mangas instead of them having intense dislike towards a one another, and it really is both cool/sad how without Shinji the entire Evangelion world seems completely differnet

I agree and yes one of them Girlfriend of steel and the Shinji Ikari rising Manga where they start out as rivals but become friends as the issues progress and both help out Shinji when ever they can.There's also Campus Apocalypse in which some people think they together romantically as Asuka's speech when Rei is badly hurt is really emotional and heartbreaking.

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”