Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:58 am

Was that not referring to one of the Pachinko games or something though? I seem to remember that coming up here when it was originally posted and someone said it might have been to do with one of the animated movies for a game?

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:31 am

"That movie everyone's been asking about" can only be Shin Eva imo, assuming the translation is correct of course.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm

She seems to be talking about current events in the 2016 post, and only addressing fans’ questions in the recent post.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Who knows what messages she has been getting.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:59 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:"That movie everyone's been asking about" can only be Shin Eva imo, assuming the translation is correct of course.

The word translated as "movie" is 映像, which seems to mean "video" or "(video) clip" or something, and not the more specific 映画, the word for "film" or "movie". So I suspect she's talking about something else.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:36 am

That makes sense, october 2016 was way too early either way. I just wonder what video could have required a screaming Shinji. Maybe the Eva VR?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:45 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I just wonder what video could have required a screaming Shinji

Indeed what...?

Crying Shinji, sure, pretty much anything... But screaming...?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:30 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Indeed what...?

Crying Shinji, sure, pretty much anything... But screaming...?

Pretty much every angel... or fight in general.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:49 am

Fingers crossed for...any new nuggets, really. ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:39 am

I had completely forgotten that that was coming up. I remembered the art book as I have that ordered but completely forgot that they were doing other things. It'd be nice to hear something about it but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 am

The twitter we always look at in this topic is uploading photos of the event.
It really starts in half an hour.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:09 am

Looks like it just ended, nothing Final related. Now cue people saying it's never going to happen. :tongue:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:14 am

Been following the twitter updates, googles machine translation really hasn't made that easy but yeah, doesn't look like anything came of it.

EDIT: There seems to be a Q&A happening so possibly not fully over?

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:28 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Been following the twitter updates, googles machine translation really hasn't made that easy but yeah, doesn't look like anything came of it.

EDIT: There seems to be a Q&A happening so possibly not fully over?

Maybe? Chrome seems to be better than the twitter translate anyways.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:53 am

Bing translator wrote: As you can hear from the past, I think about the promotion of Shin Eva. The god of the movie comes down. The PR corps and the production team is military, so you can be assured that the production is progressing even if you do such an event!!! The Okomori is in the editorial room today (Eva edits all the way from eighteen to the end).

Google translator wrote:As you can tell from the past talk, I will think about promotion of Shin Eva from now. God of the movie comes down. Since the PR team and the production team are separate work, even if you are doing such events or something, make sure that you are at ease! ! ! Today Kantok is also staying in the editing room (Eva will always edit from the beginning to the end)

Basically "we are working on it" in the usual Anno way, constantly changing and editing stuff.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:01 am

Maybe the true Shin Eva is the friends we made along the way.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:02 am

Now I want to know more about this "God of the movie"

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:05 am

Take Shin Godzilla, photoshop Anno's face on it and that's our "God of the movie".

EDIT: an italian site covered the news and translated the tweet

Italian translation wrote: #エヴァナイト 今までの話を聞いてわかる通り、シンエヴァのプロモーションはこれから考える。映画の神様が降りてくる。PR隊と制作班は別働なのでこういうイベントとかやっていても制作は進んでいるのでご安心を!!!今日もカントクは編集室におこもりです(エヴァは初手から最後までずっと編集する)

Eva Night – Come avete già sentito, da adesso stiamo pensando alla promozione di Shin Eva. Il dio del Cinema è disceso dal cielo. Gli staff della produzione e delle PR che lavorano separatamente per questo evento realizzeranno qualcosa insieme, quindi non preoccupatevi!!! Anche oggi il REGISTA è in sala di montaggio a prendersene cura (sta editando Eva dall’inizio alla fine)

My translation of this translation:

#Evanight As you have heard, we are now thinking about Shin Eva's marketing. The God of Movies descended from the sky. Production staff and PR staff that work separately for this event will realize something together, so don't worry!!! Today the director is in the editing room taking care of it (he's editing Eva from start to finish)

SPOILER: Show
Last edited by Joseki on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrthRvn
Embryo

Postby DrthRvn » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:40 pm

So... what we learn that night?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”